All things Dundee FC

Play with that fight and the fans will follow.
Bring on the Motherwell.
Thank you.

Let's not fûck it all up against them. On paper all the other 5 bottom 7 teams have tougher fixtures. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but 3 points would be lovely.

I would like the same intensity of performance against the Steelmen as we saw against the Govan team. Same team would do fine.
Whereas that concentration in pressing, high tempo and commitment was real and paid dividends, I would be delighted to believe that we can emulate such delicious endeavour at Fir Park. My long suffering Dundee supporting realism would suggest otherwise, but football is about assertion, dreams, bullshit bragging and therefore I'm sure that The Dee will prevail in splendid fashion.

Anyway boys thanks for yesterday it's always a delight to triumph over either of the ugly sisters. (Enjoyed my business trip to Glasgow today!)

Couple of days ago I put a post on my hopes for people out of contract at the end of this season.

We've a few of our better talents with only a year left in the summer.

Scott Bain
Kevin Holt
Julen Extabeguren
Cammy Kerr
Nicky Low
Mark O'Hara
Rory Loy
Yordi Teijsse

I'd be looking to get Cammy, O'Hara and Holt signed up on extended deals before this season is even over tbh.

Totally agree Ludo. It'd be great if we stayed top 6 and managed to convince Bain to stay but I can't see it happening. We'll no doubt get hit with about 200k.
I think Holt has come a long way from the 'bambi on ice' we knew not so long ago. He's scoring goals which can only help his confidence and I'm not sure I can recall the last time he missed a game for us.
Kerr on the other side is going from strength to strength and would love to see him sign up for at least another 3 years.
O'Hara I'd give until the summer to see if he can make a position his own and continue his recent form.

Nicky Low and Rory Loy should be released and I don't think we'd miss them. Yordi is an odd one, think he has potential but there's also no room for him at the moment as we've still got El Bakh on the bench.
Anyone know how long Ojaama is signed up to his parent club for? He's been a terrific signing so far and we should look into having him here permanently if possible.

24 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Totally agree Ludo. It'd be great if we stayed top 6 and managed to convince Bain to stay but I can't see it happening. We'll no doubt get hit with about 200k.
I think Holt has come a long way from the 'bambi on ice' we knew not so long ago. He's scoring goals which can only help his confidence and I'm not sure I can recall the last time he missed a game for us.
Kerr on the other side is going from strength to strength and would love to see him sign up for at least another 3 years.
O'Hara I'd give until the summer to see if he can make a position his own and continue his recent form.

Nicky Low and Rory Loy should be released and I don't think we'd miss them. Yordi is an odd one, think he has potential but there's also no room for him at the moment as we've still got El Bakh on the bench.
Anyone know how long Ojaama is signed up to his parent club for? He's been a terrific signing so far and we should look into having him here permanently if possible.

Cracking assist and showed strength in pressing the defender and scoring himself for the second goal this week - 

Would like to monitor Yordi and bring him back in the summer to see how he's developed. Thought he had some games where he looked decent and showed a bit of potential and felt that he was evaluated very harshly by a lot of our support when he was playing his first run of games at this level against the best opponents in the league with the rest of the team doing pretty poorly. I have a wee feeling he might just click and become quite effective so I'd be tempted to give him another pre-season now that he's had a year of full time football and knows what is in store here. He looks to be fitting in over there though so I would be happy for him if he asked for his release and found himself a better fit.

Ojamaa is signed up until the end of next season but totally out of favour. He'd be a priority for me too and I'd be working on that in addition to the guys mentioned. I reckon we are working on things behind the scene but won't announce anything until/if we are secure in the top flight.

If you'd asked me 3/4 weeks ago I would have said a definite no to Holt's contract being extended.  Now I reckon he could prove to be a very important player for us.  Like RawB93 says Holt's confidence is on the up.  If Hartley does decide to play Hately again there is no way Holt should be taken off set pieces for Hately.  

I think Holt's been pretty solid all season, tbh. He's been under a lot of pressure as he's had absolutely nothing in front of him.

Just a thought.

Eta: Hateley should be hung, drawn and quartered, with a limb hanging from each corner flag as a warning to current and future players to never be so shit.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

1 minute ago, LiamDFC said:

I think Holt's been pretty solid all season, tbh. He's been under a lot of pressure as he's had absolutely nothing in front of him.

Just a thought.

Thought he was actually not as bad as everyone made out last season either. Constantly left 2 on 1 with Rory Loy playing infront of him for the most part. 

I've always liked Kevin Holt. He didn't and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets. That being said, sometimes he does something that just leaves you speechless as to why he done it.

He's not the best at someone running directly at him - but he's a very good LB that has came on leaps and bounds since he joined.

Yeah I thought after basically gifting that goal to Kris Doolan earlier in the season that he'd never get folk off his back and his confidence would be shattered. Fair play though he's turned it around and was excellent on Sunday

Edited by Louis Litt

45 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Just a thought.

Eta: Hateley should be hung, drawn and quartered, with a limb hanging from each corner flat as a warning to current and future players to never be so shit.

Thank you.

Big Marcus Haber to do the chopping of the limbs. He looks like the sort of c**t that's into that stuff IMO.

Thank you.

Congrats to Dundee United on reaching the Irn Bru Cup final. They may be our bitter rivals but there's times you've just got to doft your hat and say not many top teams could achieve that.

Great achievement and all the best - a credit to the Outer Angus weemin and children who follow so proudly.

Thank you.

Congrats to Dundee United on reaching the Irn Bru Cup final. They may be our bitter rivals but there's times you've just got to doft your hat and say not many top teams could achieve that.
Great achievement and all the best - a credit to the Outer Angus weemin and children who follow so proudly.
Thank you.

Should be played at Hampden so their 20/30 thousand fans can all get tickets.