All things Dundee FC

Should've merged the 2 Dundee teams, at least then they could've competed for Taysides top team.

And it would've been a perfect excuse for me to stop going to the football and putting myself through so much misery.

Should've merged the 2 Dundee teams, at least then they could've competed for Taysides top team.

You're back. Have you learned to use the copy and paste feature (assuming you are not tapping and interpreting binary with each post) or are you going to ignore the utter shite you posted about my alleged comments yesterday?

If I were a Dundee fan I'd definitely be concerned that it's almost November and the manager is still seemingly scrambling around the free agent market. Regardless of whether or not he lost Stewart and Hemmings he surely has an idea of how he wants his team set up with the squad having been put together with that in mind. There's surely a point at which he has to draw a line, work with the squad he's put together and attempt to get them playing rather than simply chucking more players into the mix. 

OK he may not have been intending to be relying on Yordi but surely it would have been seen as a possibility that Hemmings would leave? Equally it's a big ask for El Bahktaoui to step up from League 1 level to Premiership, I've a feeling that's why as many clubs were hesitant to take him on for the wages his agent seemed to want. McGhee basically said when MFC had a deal on the table that it was a choice between him or McDonald, we couldn't afford both.

It's unrealistic to expect Dundee to bring in direct replacements who'll contribute the same sort of %s as Stewart and Hemmings combined but going into the season with Yordi, El Bahktaoui, Duffy, Loy and Wighton seems a bit...light. Especially when you'd be expecting 3 of them to take a bit of time to find their feet at this level.

Looking back to McCall's ill fated final season at Fir Park his point when he left was essentially that he didn't know how to fix what was wrong with the side. It was a squad who had finished 2nd the season prior (despite being on the wane) yet the form just went completely off a cliff. There seemed to simply be hope and expectation that we'd turn a corner. On this date (24th October) 2014 we were sat 11th on 7 points P 11 W 2 D 1 L 8 by the time he walked on 2nd Nov we'd P 12 W 2 D 1 L 9, still 2nd bottom.

Reading Hartley's post-match comments and hearing that he's looking at bringing Haber raises the question as to whether Hartley actually knows what the issue is or how to fix things. The 352 he played against St Johnstone just seemed like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, none of the players seemed to know what they were doing and tactically it didn't seem to counter anything. It was just a bunch of guys who had nominal positions on the park.

Tin hat on, but I think El Bak has been rubbish for us. He always looks bright, but almost always takes an extra touch or doesn't release the pass when in an advanced position and even loses the ball when he's in an area where he should just make the easy pass.

I'm sure he's one of the few that will come good, but he's incredibly frustrating.

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If I were a Dundee fan I'd definitely be concerned that it's almost November and the manager is still seemingly scrambling around the free agent market. Regardless of whether or not he lost Stewart and Hemmings he surely has an idea of how he wants his team set up with the squad having been put together with that in mind. There's surely a point at which he has to draw a line, work with the squad he's put together and attempt to get them playing rather than simply chucking more players into the mix. 

OK he may not have been intending to be relying on Yordi but surely it would have been seen as a possibility that Hemmings would leave? Equally it's a big ask for El Bahktaoui to step up from League 1 level to Premiership, I've a feeling that's why as many clubs were hesitant to take him on for the wages his agent seemed to want. McGhee basically said when MFC had a deal on the table that it was a choice between him or McDonald, we couldn't afford both.

It's unrealistic to expect Dundee to bring in direct replacements who'll contribute the same sort of %s as Stewart and Hemmings combined but going into the season with Yordi, El Bahktaoui, Duffy, Loy and Wighton seems a bit...light. Especially when you'd be expecting 3 of them to take a bit of time to find their feet at this level.

Looking back to McCall's ill fated final season at Fir Park his point when he left was essentially that he didn't know how to fix what was wrong with the side. It was a squad who had finished 2nd the season prior (despite being on the wane) yet the form just went completely off a cliff. There seemed to simply be hope and expectation that we'd turn a corner. On this date (24th October) 2014 we were sat 11th on 7 points P 11 W 2 D 1 L 8 by the time he walked on 2nd Nov we'd P 12 W 2 D 1 L 9, still 2nd bottom.

Reading Hartley's post-match comments and hearing that he's looking at bringing Haber raises the question as to whether Hartley actually knows what the issue is or how to fix things. The 352 he played against St Johnstone just seemed like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, none of the players seemed to know what they were doing and tactically it didn't seem to counter anything. It was just a bunch of guys who had nominal positions on the park.

Tbf to Hartley, he's always used a scattergun approach and made signings on a continual basis throughout the season.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tbf to Hartley, he's always used a scattergun approach and made signings on a continual basis throughout the season.

Fair play. If that's how he goes about things then it's probably less of an issue, possibly even to be expected.

Correct. Can't be playing daft formations without the players to do so. Regarding Faiss, if he had been signed at the start of last season we would be raving about how good he is. He's a great talent surrounded by utter shite and incompetence.

53 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Morton fans  on Dundee thread siding with the status quo in case they poach uncle fester shocker 

Well no, saying Lee Clark's a diddy doesn't mean I think Dundee should keep Hartley. I'm surprised more fans haven't turned on him: there isn't a manager in the world who wouldn't be under pressure after no wins in 9 games. If they lose again in midweek he surely has to go and Hartley can count himself lucky he hasn't been sacked already. If Duffy is their choice to replace him, so be it.

Well no, saying Lee Clark's a diddy doesn't mean I think Dundee should keep Hartley. I'm surprised more fans haven't turned on him: there isn't a manager in the world who wouldn't be under pressure after no wins in 9 games. If they lose again in midweek he surely has to go and Hartley can count himself lucky he hasn't been sacked already. If Duffy is their choice to replace him, so be it.

Dundee fans have been pretty blind to Hartley for a while. Finally waking up to him. That said, most managers would struggle under the circumstances but he would have known that stewart and hemmings were likely to leave so should have planned accordingly.

Edited to add. Kevin mcbride is the man to take the dees forward. Sure he wont mind taking a step down to manage dundee