All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

That's a hilariously shite article, even allowing for the fact it's a Daily Record shambles. For one thing the photo of the "turnstiles" is the rear entrances to the Derry, about 50 yards and a shitload of stairs from the nearest turnstile. For another thing the words in the article are a clusterfuck of utter shite.

Who is this absolute fucking no-mark and why is he so desperate to get stuck into Dundee?

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Seems a very bitter article from someone I've never heard of.

1) the plans/blueprints are out there - well not 'out there' but they've been drawn up and reviewed.
2) Nelms sees a new stadium as an investment, not just in Dundee FC, but in the city. The design allows the stadium to be converted into a major concert venue as well as conference centre and functions - bringing in much needed other income to the club and bringing events to Dundee which currently cannot be facilitated.
3) it's expected to cost a 'cool' £15m. Some 'city of design' funding would be given if it meets certain criteria.

Be interested here more about the non football revenue streams contained in these plans, specifically capacity and facilities being discussed. What events will it bring to the city that can't currently be accommodated either in Dundee or elsewhere in central Scotland?

Someone is spinning you a lot of shite with  the third one. city of design grants are up to 20K and are for events not capital projects.

Be interested here more about the non football revenue streams contained in these plans, specifically capacity and facilities being discussed. What events will it bring to the city that can't currently be accommodated either in Dundee or elsewhere in central Scotland?

Someone is spinning you a lot of shite with  the third one. city of design grants are up to 20K and are for events not capital projects.

^^^^^ rattled

This has been a long term plan from Keyes re. new stadium.  DFCSS put forward various well thought out proposals for funding to buy back Dens at it's estimated cost but they weren't interested at all because it's always been their plan to build a new stadium.   The devil will be in the details about how good it is for the club v how good it is for Keyes Capital long term.  If it's a win-win for both then no complaints from me, a new stadium would help the club progress greatly IMO.  From what I heard they're willing to spend £20m for a stadium and they want at least 17,000 capacity, now this is a huge amount of money so they must see something in it for them to get a return on their investment.  Not saw any plans and unaware that any detailed plans exist but they have spent a lot of time trying to do their research and pick the right site for a new stadium.  If it all comes to fruition they'll be raking in the rent from the club and from every use of the facilities.. as I said the devil will be in the details if it's worth it for the club but overall, they see something in building a new stadium here, perhaps the rent from club or events, rent from retail units etc but they wouldn't be doing it and spending an astronomical amount of money unless they could envisage a return over the years.

No he's not. Castlemilk or some Weegie hovel. Covered the Dons when McInnes took over which may have given that impression.

Based in Aberdeen. That's good enough for me.

Not me I think it's potentially exciting.

I just don't want Dees left disappointed again like after the ice rink, super derry, 5 lane greyhounds, St Johns stadium, purpose built youth academy and when you thought you might get to merge with us.

Very poor attempt at fishing..just leave while your behind ;-)

I think 17,000 is way too big. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've seen Dens sold out in the last 15 years.

Hopefully it's built with tiers so we can fill the lower level first.

Also hope it would be built with temporary expansion in mind if Scotland ever bid to hold the Euro. Or is the 2020 format going to be the norm in the future?

Not me I think it's potentially exciting.

I just don't want Dees left disappointed again like after the ice rink, super derry, 5 lane greyhounds, St Johns stadium, purpose built youth academy and when you thought you might get to merge with us.

You ok hon? That was a solid draw you got yesterday against a team you'll be vying with for fourth. Cheer up.

I think 17,000 is way too big. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've seen Dens sold out in the last 15 years.

Hopefully it's built with tiers so we can fill the lower level first.

My worry too. Hope it's designed in a way that doesn't make it feel empty.

MK Dons had something like that IIRC.

2 hours ago, General said:

This has been a long term plan from Keyes re. new stadium.  DFCSS put forward various well thought out proposals for funding to buy back Dens at it's estimated cost but they weren't interested at all because it's always been their plan to build a new stadium.   The devil will be in the details about how good it is for the club v how good it is for Keyes Capital long term.  If it's a win-win for both then no complaints from me, a new stadium would help the club progress greatly IMO.  From what I heard they're willing to spend £20m for a stadium and they want at least 17,000 capacity, now this is a huge amount of money so they must see something in it for them to get a return on their investment.  Not saw any plans and unaware that any detailed plans exist but they have spent a lot of time trying to do their research and pick the right site for a new stadium.  If it all comes to fruition they'll be raking in the rent from the club and from every use of the facilities.. as I said the devil will be in the details if it's worth it for the club but overall, they see something in building a new stadium here, perhaps the rent from club or events, rent from retail units etc but they wouldn't be doing it and spending an astronomical amount of money unless they could envisage a return over the years.

What do you think the yearly rent would be to Keyes Capital? As you say it's all about details, but currently , you don't pay any rent for dens? ( not at it, genuinely don't know). 

If it's too high it would be a new drain on club resources? 

Of course if both clubs were renting it they'd be quids in. 

3 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

What do you think the yearly rent would be to Keyes Capital? As you say it's all about details, but currently , you don't pay any rent for dens? ( not at it, genuinely don't know). 

If it's too high it would be a new drain on club resources? 

Of course if both clubs were renting it they'd be quids in. 

We're paying around £250k per annum at the moment.  It really depends if we're renting the new stadium will the club get all the money made from other events, retail, hospitality, conferences, car parking etc?  If they would paying more rent (within reason) than currently wouldn't be a problem as we could vastly increase our turnover.  No one knows much right now about the plans except I guess Keyes and Nelms.

I don't think they'd be doing it if it wasn't in the best interests of the club either.  I reckon we'll probably get a good deal from this and they'd recoup their money in the long term but we'll just have to wait and see..

Edited by General

1 hour ago, General said:

We're paying around £250k per annum at the moment.  It really depends if we're renting the new stadium will the club get all the money made from other events, retail, hospitality, conferences, car parking etc?  If they would paying more rent (within reason) than currently wouldn't be a problem as we could vastly increase our turnover.  No one knows much right now about the plans except I guess Keyes and Nelms.

I don't think they'd be doing it if it wasn't in the best interests of the club either.  I reckon we'll probably get a good deal from this and they'd recoup their money in the long term but we'll just have to wait and see..

Didn't realise that the rent figure was so high so yeah, why not invest and then have a guaranteed income from your own club, plus any additional income generated from conferences / gigs etc.  Would Dundee get a cut? Depends how they structure their businesses but it certainly secures their interest for the long term which has got to be a good thing. 

I do do wonder if they have their eye on getting both clubs to share a new facility. If TBS thought he could sell Tannadice for a decent amount and pocket the money he'd be all over renting a brand new stadium from Keyes  and potentially reduce future overheads.

IF .. our owners have bought the land in order to build a stadium . The finances make perfect sense. It's comparable to buying a house with a 25 year mortgage, renting it to someone who in effect pays for the house for you..Dundee Fc would would pay dark blue holdings "mortgage" .

11 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

I do do wonder if they have their eye on getting both clubs to share a new facility. If TBS thought he could sell Tannadice for a decent amount and pocket the money he'd be all over renting a brand new stadium from Keyes  and potentially reduce future overheads.

Heard that's not the plan but suppose that if Thompson expresses interest in it, United bring rent money to the table and the Americans will have the business argument to weigh up. I'm pretty sure that they made a guarantee against a future ground share (also a merger, name change or kit colour change) when they arrived but imagine that wouldn't be too hard for them to distance themselves from.

It's a debate that's been done a million times before and everyone sits on different parts of the fence. I'm finding it hard to take leaving Dens as it is but I accept that it's a decision that might be necessary. Bringing a ground share in goes a little too far from me and heart kicks in over head. It doesn't 'feel' right and I could see 80% of both fans (the ones who actually attend games, not the neutrals that DC Thompson meet on the street) feeling the same way. We aren't Klingon and although it's a business, there does come a point where emotion kicks in.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Heard that's not the plan but suppose that if Thompson expresses interest in it, United bring rent money to the table and the Americans will have the business argument to weigh up. I'm pretty sure that they made a guarantee against a future ground share (also a merger, name change or kit colour change) when they arrived but imagine that wouldn't be too hard for them to distance themselves from.

It's a debate that's been done a million times before and everyone sits on different parts of the fence. I'm finding it hard to take leaving Dens as it is but I accept that it's a decision that might be necessary. Bringing a ground share in goes a little too far from me and heart kicks in over head. It doesn't 'feel' right and I could see 80% of both fans (the ones who actually attend games, not the neutrals that DC Thompson meet on the street) feeling the same way. We aren't Klingon and although it's a business, there does come a point where emotion kicks in.

A ground share would only work if both clubs owned the ground or it were owned by a neutral body like DCC.

No way in a million years would United wish to be Dundee's tenants.

A ground share would only work if both clubs owned the ground or it were owned by a neutral body like DCC.

No way in a million years would United wish to be Dundee's tenants.

Both clubs would be Keyes' tenants. Subtle difference.

A ground share makes (common) sense to me.

An ITK little birdie did tell me though that United will not be involved in this.

If it does come to pass the success of the venture does kind off pre-suppose a relatively successful football team, given that the primary purpose is to stage football matches. That's got to be good news for us fans.
Very bold move by the Keys family though, if they are seen to be making money out of us and anything goes wrong on the park it could get very nasty, very quickly, the Thomson family being a prime example.
Of course we are not a total shower of çunts like the DABS.