All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty sure on the Aberdeen thread not long ago it was said by Dee's that Hemmings would be 750 and Stewart 1.5...

It was, i found some of the quotes last night, cant be bothered digging them out again.

They were mocking anyone who suggested it would be less than 1 million.

Anyone wanting a good laugh -

Edited by Mackiemyday

On 05/05/2016 at 10:52, Deeboy said:

McInnes is on about 'spending big'. I reckon if you offered somewhere in the region of £750,000 you'd get Stewart.

No chance of getting Kane.

On 05/05/2016 at 18:30, harry94 said:

If we do eventually lose Hemmings (who will break the Dundee record transfer fee when he goes) to an actual real big team

I assume we're no gonna pay for a new striker so my question is,

Who is a reasonable replacement?

I read through the thread we are looking for a defender, midfielder and striker , of these the names so far are Scott Allan and el baka(whatever) both I think are unrealistic

On 05/05/2016 at 18:36, StandFree03 said:

How much do you think Hemmings will go for?

On 05/05/2016 at 19:08, harry94 said:

I think around about the £2 million mark barring natural disaster (i.e. injury or getting a nasty surprise with a release clause).

Championship teams down south pay that money regularly for players and the new TV deal for the Premier League will have a knock-on impact down the leagues.

On 05/05/2016 at 21:09, harry94 said:

The Rhodes and McCormack deals are at the £10 million mark and aren't what I'm discussing, they go well beyond 'multi-million' deals. If you go through the list of transfers last year, there are a few mid 20s players who've come from League 2 clubs or the lower half of top Scandanavian divisions and there have been a few deals to other nations for players who aren't at a level too dissimilar to Scotland.

Hemmings and Bain can match that sort of fee in the not too distant future. Not talking about Stewart. Stewart doesn't have the physique to step up a level.

On 05/05/2016 at 22:25, Deeboy said:

Stewart - £600,000 I reckon we'd take. Hopefully a bidding war takes it up to near £1m

Hemmings - about double Stewart's lower estimate.

I suspect we will likely go down the loan market for a striker

Saying that if we do, knowing our luck it'll be some 18 year old that scored 60 goals in the under 21 league with "lots of potential " and or a "definitely 1 for the future "

Just now, D TOTAL said:

I still stand by that at his age unless he's in BR's plans he'll want a move

Might be realistic once Birmingham give you another £250k for Stewart today :lol:

I can categorically state Stewart won't be leaving for £250k. We might lose him for nothing next season, but it'll be easily £500k and upwards if Stewart leaves.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It would have been, had there not been a clause, which the club had to deny otherwise he'd have been gone sooner.

Why?

I'm sure his agent was doing a fine job of alerting clubs to the fact that there was a release clause. Why did Dundee not insist on a higher value for that clause if he was a £1 million player? £1 million for a player who has had one decent season is quite obviously a wild exaggeration.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can categorically state Stewart won't be leaving for £250k. We might lose him for nothing next season, but it'll be easily £500k and upwards if Stewart leaves.

:lol: Thanks for that Ludo, I'll be sure to quote this next week when he leaves for peanuts.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Why?

I'm sure his agent was doing a fine job of alerting clubs to the fact that there was a release clause. Why did Dundee not insist on a higher value for that clause if he was a £1 million player? £1 million for a player who has had one decent season is quite obviously a wild exaggeration.

Because the player insisted on the clause and just signed on from Barnsley who would have been paying him probably about double Oxford are now.

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

£1 million for a player who has had one decent season is quite obviously a wild exaggeration.

Worth noting we received over £1m for May in the end, who only had one god top flight season.

Just now, Kyle said:

He'll leave for 1 and a bit Kane Hemmingses IMO.

£400k has always been a rumoured fee for him, probably has a release clause too