All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, BoobyMann said:

Will it be another jobs for the boys signing from Hartley?

Aye, Hemmings, Stewart, Ross, Vincent, Holt, Gadzhalov etc were all 'jobs for the boys' signings. 

What a fucking idiotic thing to say.

2 hours ago, banana said:

CQe2AeU.gif

I'm also hearing Anier to Dense.

I'd take Anier. As I've said repeatedly, he's easily your best striker. 

27 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

I'd take Anier. As I've said repeatedly, he's easily your best striker. 

While I don't necessarily disagree, be careful what you wish for.

Darko Bodul was also our most technically talented attacker, Billy McKay our most talented striker. Neither up for the cause nor effective, and McKay started ahead of every time Anier.

There are Dundee fans saying they'd take McKay, I'm not sure I'd agree with them. Anier is a more rounded attacker - the same as Hemmings was. I've every faith Hartley will replace him with a decent player. 

I then remember we played David Clarkson up top for nearly a whole season under Hartley. I cry every time. Please, no.

There are Dundee fans saying they'd take McKay, I'm not sure I'd agree with them. Anier is a more rounded attacker - the same as Hemmings was. I've every faith Hartley will replace him with a decent player. 

I then remember we played David Clarkson up top for nearly a whole season under Hartley. I cry every time. Please, no.

Some of your supporters were shouting for
Him to be called up by scotland

Yeah. If Stewart goes which is to be rumoured as happening today - we'd have little to no creativity. We'd end up this squad of players who play decent passing football but in the end run out of ideas. I genuinely hope Wighton gets to play a free role. 

If the figure for Hemmings is really 250k (ish) and you go on to sell Stewart for less than 500k that has got to be some of the worst pieces of business going.

As much as I like to point and laugh and I did point out you were not going to get 2 million apiece as some of the dee fans suggested they are worth more than that.

When Hemmings moved to Dundee he did appear to take the 1-step-back (in wages terms) to go 1-step-forward. Shame if its not more than 250k, but getting the goals and the 250k is a lot better than having had an inferior striker last year,

The positive in this must be that if you are a talented striker, in need of a revival, then Dundee have shown that they will do business with you. That will help us get new talent. 

The big negative though is the timing, There is always a merry go round towards the end of the transfer window, but losing the focal point of the attack after all the pre-season work, is bad planning.

The other negative is that Hemmings seems to have been Harlteys number 1 striker choice for the past few years (it was rumoured we wanted him before his move to Barnsley). We have invested a lot of time in him and I wonder if Hartley really does have another striker on the radar that he can both trust and afford. 

Big decision now has to be the style of play. Yes its great to play attractive, attacking football, but as Leicester and Peterhead have shown, resolute defending can be much more cost effective.  Not nice, but unless we get a good goal scorer - I agree that Loy is not probably a 1st choice SPL striker - it may be the wiser choice.

We got him for nothing, he banged in a hatful of goals and we've trousered 250k. That's a great deal for Dundee compared to say Luka Tankulic. Plus unlike Greg Stewart I'm not totally convinced Hemmings is the real deal. I can understand the amusement amongst our rivals however.

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We got him for nothing, he banged in a hatful of goals and we've trousered 250k. That's a great deal for Dundee compared to say Luka Tankulic. Plus unlike Greg Stewart I'm not totally convinced Hemmings is the real deal. I can understand the amusement amongst our rivals however.

Hehe

Haven't felt so disappointed since Adamzcuk left first time round. Hate to join in the doom merchants , but I have a very bad feeling about this season. Still cant believe he picked Oxford! - apart from Morse , there is nothing good about the place and they have a shite team. Such a shit decision to join them , could have his pick of league one teams to play for and probably is good enough to play in the Championship. If Stewart leaves too , and with Harkins going  - we are going to be short of so many assists and goals.  Can see Hartley walking, which would be a disaster. I hate being a Dundee fan.