Lorne, slice, square

Ultimately slice, square or lorne are all just regional variations. None of them are actually wrong, although if you call it square you clearly don't comprehend the concept of a noun and probably call black pudding circular blood clot. As I said though, they're all acceptable.

What isn't acceptable are some of the naming conventions when it comes to putting it on a roll.

For a start, if you say 'roll on' for anything, not just slice/square/lorne, you're doing it wrong. The filling is going on the roll, not the other way round.

Secondly, a problem which seems to be restricted to Glasgow and suburbs, which is changing what 'sausage' means when it's going on a roll.

Why do we have such intense debates about whether it's called slice, square, lorne, or something more ridiculous if you're the kind of deviant who calls french toast eggy dip dip? It's because the word 'sausage' alone does not adequately describe what we're discussing here, which is why we give it a different name. When someone says sausage, they are referring to this:

5a92bb8e043db_download(2).jpeg.03b5aa2ae663fd7e41c21957414d60b0.jpeg

Therefore, if someone asks for a roll and sausage, they should be given that variety of sausage on a roll. No one refers to it as 'links' when they're talking about it outwith the context of ordering a roll, because that's what sausage means. This on the other hand, is slice/square/lorne/meaty shape shape:

5a92bb9a68c8b_images(2).jpeg.1761d958af1a9a3dfc0f1dc681aada93.jpeg

If you want that on a roll, you should be specifying that you want slice/square/lorne, because no one just calls that sausage.

Why then do Glasgow establishments insist on treating the latter item as a roll and sausage, when no one refers to that as sausage? It's unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Ultimately slice, square or lorne are all just regional variations. None of them are actually wrong...

Without a doubt the most anti P&B post of all time.

Next you’ll be telling us that there’s no such thing as beastly behaviour and that it’s equally acceptable to stand up or sit down to wipe.

Heretic!

On 25/02/2018 at 12:48, Bairnardo said:
On 25/02/2018 at 00:15, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You should be for typing ‘hee hee’ as a grown man.

Once again, as per the other threads he has begun to re-infect, he should be banned for being a tedious c**t alias of a banned tedious c**t (mcspreader)

Good grief, get a grip. It is a post about slice for cripe's sake. Have you actually read some of the posts on this and other subjects..? By your reckoning 99.9% of posters, myself and you included, would be banned.

2 hours ago, glassnahalf said:

Good grief, get a grip. It is a post about slice for cripe's sake. Have you actually read some of the posts on this and other subjects..? By your reckoning 99.9% of posters, myself and you included, would be banned.

No not me, because I am not using an alias to circumvent a ban, you knob. 

11 hours ago, glassnahalf said:

You were the only one previously banned for being a racist fuckwit though.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:39, Dunning1874 said:

Ultimately slice, square or lorne are all just regional variations. None of them are actually wrong, although if you call it square you clearly don't comprehend the concept of a noun and probably call black pudding circular blood clot. As I said though, they're all acceptable.

What isn't acceptable are some of the naming conventions when it comes to putting it on a roll.

For a start, if you say 'roll on' for anything, not just slice/square/lorne, you're doing it wrong. The filling is going on the roll, not the other way round.

Secondly, a problem which seems to be restricted to Glasgow and suburbs, which is changing what 'sausage' means when it's going on a roll.

Why do we have such intense debates about whether it's called slice, square, lorne, or something more ridiculous if you're the kind of deviant who calls french toast eggy dip dip? It's because the word 'sausage' alone does not adequately describe what we're discussing here, which is why we give it a different name. When someone says sausage, they are referring to this:

5a92bb8e043db_download(2).jpeg.03b5aa2ae663fd7e41c21957414d60b0.jpeg

Therefore, if someone asks for a roll and sausage, they should be given that variety of sausage on a roll. No one refers to it as 'links' when they're talking about it outwith the context of ordering a roll, because that's what sausage means. This on the other hand, is slice/square/lorne/meaty shape shape:

5a92bb9a68c8b_images(2).jpeg.1761d958af1a9a3dfc0f1dc681aada93.jpeg

If you want that on a roll, you should be specifying that you want slice/square/lorne, because no one just calls that sausage.

Why then do Glasgow establishments insist on treating the latter item as a roll and sausage, when no one refers to that as sausage? It's unacceptable.

Dunning1874, I concur with most of what you are saying however surely the sausage/square/slice etc is going "in" the roll rather than "on" the roll....that said I would always ask for a roll "and" whichever variety of sausage I wanted!! Pedantic it know but I kind of fits in with the context of your post.

Edited by weebud

Just now, Jumbo Muir said:

The level of deliciousness is being severely affected by the use of the wrong rolls.

Mortons or plain bread. Nothing else.

Separate thread for this pish please.

2 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

The level of deliciousness is being severely affected by the use of the wrong rolls

I can assure you it isn't :) 

You stick to your rolls, I'll stick to mine ;)