Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't great, but still a very comfortable 2-0. Last year Stenhousemuir played quite well against us a couple of times with Gemmell in particular causing us bother, but they seemed to really miss a player like that today. They were pretty rotten today really. We didn't play all that well, but still deserved to win quite easily - not really too much more to be said.

On a couple of the points from before the game, there's no way Fleming should ever have been sent off when he caught Tade that day and I never understood why the Rovers fans were greeting about it at the time. Probably the best thing he did while at the Pars though. I also thought Halliwell was a bit unlucky, sporadically playing games that were almost always against Rangers or Celtic. He also had one of the best games I've ever seen from a Pars goalkeeper that night we were utterly played off the park at Gretna, but somehow won 1-0.

I thought Stenhousemuir were pretty well organised in the first half, they made some great tackles and blocks in the final third and we seriously struggled to create any real chances.

The second half was better, with the first goal coming from a well worked corner and from that point on, we were in control of the game especially after McMenamin's sending off. He badly let down his team-mates and it was only a matter of time till we got the second. The referee got the penalty decision correct, there was no malice on the Stenhousemuir's defender's part, Williamson was just simply too quick for him.

Chuffed to get the win and top of the league...where we'll hopefully stay. :)

Pars 2-0 Hammerthrowers.

Stenny are honking. Grehan, as predicted, looked like their only decent out let but I would never have thought any team, for the remainder of this season, would top how shit Airdrie were a few weeks ago. I think Stenny might just have trumped that today. Oh and McMenamin acting like a hard man to only make a total cvnt of himself?

UNLUCKY M8

Alan-Partridge1.jpg

I've watched a lot of football in my lifetime and to be completely frank Stenny are one of the worst football teams I've ever watched. Last year, during Booth's second or third game in charge, at EEP they played a 4-6-0 and looked far more dangerous with zero strikers that day than they did today. I didn't even recognise Martin Grehan today as he's usually been, at least somewhat, a threat to us in the past however today he was near non-existent.

We didn't even need to break a sweat to win today, Stenny really do look like relegation candidates based on that - luckily for them Stirling seem to be even worse.

I've watched a lot of football in my lifetime and to be completely frank Stenny are one of the worst football teams I've ever watched. Last year, during Booth's second or third game in charge, at EEP they played a 4-6-0 and looked far more dangerous with zero strikers that day than they did today. I didn't even recognise Martin Grehan today as he's usually been, at least somewhat, a threat to us in the past however today he was near non-existent.

We didn't even need to break a sweat to win today, Stenny really do look like relegation candidates based on that - luckily for them Stirling seem to be even worse.

I wish - Stirling already beat us 5-4!!

I wish - Stirling already beat us 5-4!!

True, however that's one result. Over the course of the season I'd expect Stirling to finish firmly at the bottom with Airdrie and Stenny fighting it out for the relegation playoff place.

Archived