The Arbroath Thread

No don’t think so anyway, I think you’re maybe confused with Blair Yule?

Might be. Just remember someone on here saying that at the start of the season and for some reason I thought it was O’Brien.

If he wants to stay part time then he’s probably got a pretty decent job outside football or he’s just waiting for the right club to do it with.

Maybe Ayr...

He's 0% right.
Surely a 'championship' is winning the league?! The play offs, or finishing second is nothing to do with a championship..... if it is then every single team playing in a league is involved in a 'championship' by that definition!
It's a hilarious claim to make, but it's got nothing on the bit post match on Saturday where he says Stranraer play Inverness in the last game of the season :lol: That's the best 'Dickism' I've heard since he came to us, and that's saying something!
I'm not having a go at him - I think most of his Dickism's to the press are harmless and more importantly fucking hilarious, these two in the one interview are both absolute toppers though [emoji3]

I thought he said Inverness too, f**k knows where that come from. And it is a haver and not technically right but just trying to explain his thinking.

5 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Does anyone know the dates of the playoff games?

May

Pyramid play-off, 2nd leg
1/2 Champions League semi-finals, 2nd leg
1/2 Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg
1/2 Championship play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
1/2 League 1 play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
3 Europa League semi-finals, 2nd leg
5 Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg
5 Ladbrokes Premiership fixture round 36
5 Championship play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg
5 League 1 play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg
5 League 2 play-off final, 1st leg
8/9 Ladbrokes Premiership fixture round 37
8/9 Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg
8/9 Championship play-off final, 1st leg
8/9 League 1 play-off final, 1st leg
12/13 Ladbrokes Premiership fixture round 38
12/13 Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg
12/13 Championship play-off final, 2nd leg
12 League 1 play-off final, 2nd leg
12 League 2 play-off final, 2nd leg
16 Europa League final (Lyon)
17 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
19 Scottish Cup final
20 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg
26 Champions League final (Kiev)
29 Peru v Scotland (friendly)

Played well on Saturday including a few big players like Bobby and Danny not even on the pitch so a big call for Dick to make this Saturday, as usual T.O.B. was superb and Gav and McKenna played excellent but overall every Red Lichtie player done well, was great to see Pongo McCord back playing and the half hour he was on the pitch he was class, never wasting a pass and like every good player seemed to have time on the ball, here's hoping that is him getting his chance to shine again for us.  

Thomas O’Brien not being nominated for League 1 player of the year is very silly

You can’t really argue with the nominees this year. The one nominee you could perhaps argue on that list is Vaughan.

Although I’d be very surprised if O’Brien doesn’t get a mention in the team of the season.

You can’t really argue with the nominees this year. The one nominee you could perhaps argue on that list is Vaughan.

Although I’d be very surprised if O’Brien doesn’t get a mention in the team of the season.

Definitely has a shout for that. I think the players nominate that as well.

You’d immediately just think of Raith and Ayr players as a player to be fair.

You’d have been on the losing side a few times they’ve been the two runaway teams, Ayr won’t have a defender in it with the goals they’ve shipped and there hasn’t really been a steady regular next to Davidson I don’t think so maybe between ToB and Andy Graham or someone. Think Scotty Martin will be in with a shout too I’m sure he’s left a big impression.

Parry

Thomson
Davidson
ToB
Murray

McDaid
Martin
Vaughan
Stewart/Forrest/Barr

Trouten
Shankland

Worth a punt, 2 strikers will definitely be in the team anyway

1 hour ago, relichtie said:

Referee nominations for this. The Golden Turd for worst referee performance of the season.images.jpg

Think all Scottish refs can take it in turns to showcase this trophy at home above the fireplace.

On a separate note, congratulations to all AFC award winners.