The Arbroath Thread

In terms of Michael McKenna, he can be a niggly wee b*****d. I think the idea behind bringing him in is that he can play in the centre of the park, on the wing or up top so fairly versatile and I think Dick see's him as playing in the centre of the park and adding some more 'dig' to the midfield in terms of breaking things up.

There is however a reasonable chance that he isn't actually good enough for the top end of League 1/ bottom of the Championship and will earn himself quite a few red cards which will cost us.

I think I get Dick's reasons for bringing him in as he is a different type of player to what we have currently, but we'll have to see if he fits into the side and I think a lot will depend on the formation we'll be playing.

27 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

The right move for everyone. You have to be some boy to be verging on cult hero status when you're a striker who has scored once in two seasons.

33671950611_e10b170f66_o.jpg.552d3d5199b18a6063c1e7aeb81244a4.jpg

Legend.

Simon i think you will find he has scored TWICE for the Red Lichties, once at Annan and once at Gayfield.

We have plenty midfield options this season so paying a fee for someone we don't need currently seems excessive. We could do with some defensive cover as more of a priority I would have said.

Whilst I agree

We currently have the 4th best defence in the league, 1 behind Ayr, 4 behind Alloa and 13 behind Raith.

Same thing was said about defensive cover last year and we had the best defence in the league by 9 goals

There’s also been plenty of suspensions and injuries at the back but we’ve somehow managed to deal with it all rather well. We have midfield players in the team who are perfectly comfortable playing at the back which really helps.

I think if there was some sort of crisis back there we’d use our emergency loans but for the time being I don’t think it’s a problem.

Whilst I agree

We currently have the 4th best defence in the league, 1 behind Ayr, 4 behind Alloa and 13 behind Raith.

Same thing was said about defensive cover last year and we had the best defence in the league by 9 goals

There’s also been plenty of suspensions and injuries at the back but we’ve somehow managed to deal with it all rather well. We have midfield players in the team who are perfectly comfortable playing at the back which really helps.

I think if there was some sort of crisis back there we’d use our emergency loans but for the time being I don’t think it’s a problem.

We have been fortunate with lack of injuries and suspensions at the back.

With Henry away that's even less cover. Emergency loans are fine but the chances of getting a quality defender on emergency loan are not great. Don't want to end up like the Moore season playing McBride at CH then those Falkirk defenders still give me sleepless nights how poor they were. Time will tell though.

11 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

The right move for everyone. You have to be some boy to be verging on cult hero status when you're a striker who has scored once in two seasons.

33671950611_e10b170f66_o.jpg.552d3d5199b18a6063c1e7aeb81244a4.jpg

Legend.

He scored in the 3-2 Gayfield victory over Elgin City in December then the 5-2 away victory over Annan Ath; C'Mon Simon pull yourself together man..............36-0.

Met him a few times and he is an absolute great guy who is very popular with the other players and backroom staff at Gayfield, he played his part in winning the league last year and as Simon said he was a cult hero to a lot of Red Lichtie fans and goes with the majority of AFC fans best wishes.

Glad he has went to EK and not a rival club, Arbroath boy Tony Wallace plays for them and a couple of ex-Red Lichtie players.

All the best Prunts and thanks for the memories.

3 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I hope the Arbroath FC board are a strong NO on the proposal for old Firm colts teams in League 2. It’s a terrible idea.

Jim McInally summed it all up perfectly earlier today.... Telt.

Edited by SimonLichtie

Me and Simon have spoken regarding this today, let the board know how you feel regarding the prospect of youth teams playing training games in our league competition. I’m sure after recently experiencing a league win nobody will be keen on this, imagine winning that title last season by default after coming third. A depressing thought.

Interesting to read the debate on the Airdrie v Arbroath thread in regards the "negative" vibes by some.

I agree with a lot of Simon's posts and admit he knows his stuff and imo he is one of the best Red Lichtie supporters going to every game,so hats off to him but i would also add he does tend to write more negative than gives out credit but he maybe does not realize this at the time, but i am not going to have a go at him as he is a great supporter of the team.

Everybody on this site is not going to agree with everybody else on it but there is some p#sh that gets written on here like the dung from the keyboard warriors like HaroldSchumacher (the fud with 2 separate post titles) and ecto; some of the crap they write you often wonder if they get a bigger thrill out of it rather than watch Babestation with the volume down, the best way to deal with it is just laugh at them so that the saddos get their thrill.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0. 

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Interesting to read the debate on the Airdrie v Arbroath thread in regards the "negative" vibes by some.

I agree with a lot of Simon's posts and admit he knows his stuff and imo he is one of the best Red Lichtie supporters going to every game,so hats off to him but i would also add he does tend to write more negative than gives out credit but he maybe does not realize this at the time, but i am not going to have a go at him as he is a great supporter of the team.

Everybody on this site is not going to agree with everybody else on it but there is some p#sh that gets written on here like the dung from the keyboard warriors like HaroldSchumacher (the fud with 2 separate post titles) and ecto; some of the crap they write you often wonder if they get a bigger thrill out of it rather than watch Babestation with the volume down, the best way to deal with it is just laugh at them so that the saddos get their thrill.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0. 

What exactly from my comments do you take issue with?

Do you believe Campbell's behaviour was acceptable?

Do you believe it's acceptable for a fan to run onto the pitch and sexually assault a referee?  #Hesaidno

It'd be much more interesting to hear your opinion than just throw abuse at people you don't agree with.

Edited by HeraldSchumacher