The Arbroath Thread

i think my own personal opinion dc asks for honest players on the park to give there all for the shirt. but yet he cant be honest with his players swankie got told on the wednesday at training that he couldnt play against forfar. when our management team new for weeks that was the case so hypocritical its unreal

2 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

i think my own personal opinion dc asks for honest players on the park to give there all for the shirt. but yet he cant be honest with his players swankie got told on the wednesday at training that he couldnt play against forfar. when our management team new for weeks that was the case so hypocritical its unreal

Do you think you can stop your personal sniping of DC it really is getting tedious,we've just pumped two teams on the trot sit second in the table and are playing good football. I sometimes  think some supporters just want to moan about anything. Unbelievable.

Do you think you can stop your personal sniping of DC it really is getting tedious,we've just pumped two teams on the trot sit second in the table and are playing good football. I sometimes  think some supporters just want to moan about anything. Unbelievable.

The boy not allowed an opinion?

I also think it's a bit pathetic, let them get on with running the club (which they are doing a tremendous job of) and stop looking for silly little issues that are quite frankly not even worth reading. I couldn't give a flying f**k when swankie was told when he wasn't allowed to play.

0-5 and 2-6 the last two weeks was all I'm bothered about. Really looking forward to saturdays game. 

No surprise with Mccord back in the team were scoring more goals but he doesn't suit playing in a midfield 2. Was the same the back end of last season once he was pushed further forward into the hole he started scoring plenty of goals. I think Kadar will be the one to drop out when Doris is fit as Linn is back in good form. Would be harsh though as he's having a good season.

2 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

The club also was not forthcoming to us the supporters about this " Gentlemens agreement"  Were they hoping he would be injured at that time so the secrect would not come out . All the newspapers said was not available ! This told fellow Lichties nothing

The club also was not forthcoming to us the supporters about this " Gentlemens agreement"  Were they hoping he would be injured at that time so the secrect would not come out . All the newspapers said was not available ! This told fellow Lichties nothing

I personally think its hilarious that part of the deal was he wouldn't play against forfar and we best them 5-0 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

58 minutes ago, ahfpjim said:

This is also something I have an issue with - it's basically been ignored by the club/ management and completely swept under the carpet. I think there should have been a wee bit more transparency with the issue - either it should have been mentioned when the deal was announced, or it should have been stated by the manager during any one of multiple opportunities with the press pre/ post match in my opinion. Dick mentioned it being the 'right thing to do' post match against Forfar - but what does that mean to the fans? Why was it the right thing to do?

Just because we're playing well and things are looking good for us overall right now doesn't mean we should just sit on our hands and say nothing if something happens we disagree with. We're all allowed an opinion on things like this, it would be absurd if someone just went along with everything the club/ manager etc. do and say like a lapdog.

Football clubs are almost like that other boys club with the funny handshake, they are full of secrets and hate to let anyone not in the club what is going on. Personally I feel that anyone with secrets must have something to hide. It would be nice for our football club to be more transparent but it just isn't going to happen, it seems to be the supporters are not to be trusted with knowing what goes on at the club. The meetings with supporters would seem to be all smoke and mirrors.

If Gavin Swankie was as good a player as he thinks he is he would be a starter for every game, but the way the team are playing at the moment he will have to be content with being a squad player. He is past his best and if he doesn't like not being first choice he can take the huff again and clear off to some other club. 

Football clubs are almost like that other boys club with the funny handshake, they are full of secrets and hate to let anyone not in the club what is going on. Personally I feel that anyone with secrets must have something to hide. It would be nice for our football club to be more transparent but it just isn't going to happen, it seems to be the supporters are not to be trusted with knowing what goes on at the club. The meetings with supporters would seem to be all smoke and mirrors.

If Gavin Swankie was as good a player as he thinks he is he would be a starter for every game, but the way the team are playing at the moment he will have to be content with being a squad player. He is past his best and if he doesn't like not being first choice he can take the huff again and clear off to some other club. 

Who said he isn't content with being a squad player??? When did he say he thinks he's amazing and should be starting all the time???

You've just attacked him and had a go at him for something he's not even said or done, he's not said he isn't happy being a squad player, he's not said he thinks he's amazing and should start all the time and he's not taken the huff.

But just you start slating him for it anyway.

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who said he isn't content with being a squad player??? When did he say he thinks he's amazing and should be starting all the time???

You've just attacked him and had a go at him for something he's not even said or done, he's not said he isn't happy being a squad player, he's not said he thinks he's amazing and should start all the time and he's not taken the huff.

But just you start slating him for it anyway.

Just expressing my opinion, as you so often do, based on his past behavioural patterns.

Of course it is, it's also allowed to be challenged though. On the whole I think most people are pretty balanced.

But when you've got people moaning about how Gavin Swankie may or may not feel after we're in the position we're in and just won 11-2 on aggregate away from home in our last 2 league 1 games, that speaks volumes as to how this place (football fans in general tbf) can be at times.

I could understand everyone moaning and being frustrated about trivial things if we were languishing 9th in League 2 or something but at the moment I don't really get it.

Cheer up and look forward to Alloa. [emoji28]

Must also add to the praise of the club the Dinner on Friday night was 1st class and "Pink" Campbell and the backroom staff and Directors all mixed and chatted with the fans which was great to see plus the added bonus of all the ex-Red Lichtie Legends chatting to everybody.

Btw i am glad Gav Swankie is back at the club.