The Arbroath Thread

I know this is dragging up a week-old thread, but I have been off-line for a bit.
Why was he being a dick? Why was he in the terracing? Did fans really make the journey to see him?
I would suggest that the reason he was in the terracing was because he wanted to get a view and perspective on his players, having missed the previous 3 games. Remember, he tends to sit in the stand 1st half at Gayfield then movevto the touchline for the 2nd. So I suspect that he was doing the job that he is paid to do, and was watching and assessing the squad. If he was constantly taliking to fans, shaking hands, posing for selfies, then he is hardly doing his job.
FFS!. Leave the man alone. He led our club to the league championship just over 2 months ago so he must be doing something right. Why do some fans always feel the need to get on his back all the time?

Well this is just it

Also seen a photo of the Tap Boi posing with fans, having a laugh too

The man is a legend x

In Forfar last night at a race night and somebody had named all his horses after him [emoji1] brilliant

8 hours ago, WT Figo said:

FFS!. Leave the man alone. He led our club to the league championship just over 2 months ago so he must be doing something right. Why do some fans always feel the need to get on his back all the time?

Because some of our fans simply don't and never will like him regardless of what success he brings to Arbroath.

As for yesterday what a walk in the park that was haven't felt so at ease at an Arbroath game for a long time, we looked excellent albeit against a honking Montrose team

Things go well over the next few seasons do we name the stand after Dick?? 

Squad looks great tho, competition all through midfield and forwards, plenty cover at fullbacks and 3 absolutely solid centre backs, id be more than happy to start season with what we got and keep loans available until they are needed

Things go well over the next few seasons do we name the stand after Dick?? 
Squad looks great tho, competition all through midfield and forwards, plenty cover at fullbacks and 3 absolutely solid centre backs, id be more than happy to start season with what we got and keep loans available until they are needed

It will be called the Albert Henderson stand before the Dick Campbell stand

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

It will be called the Albert Henderson stand before the Dick Campbell stand

As much as I agree with this, we have refurbished the main stand, opened a hospitality suite and a public bar in the last few years and nothing has been named after him, so am afraid that ship appears to have sailed

Thought Kader played really well second half and was unlucky not to get a goal. Certainly above Skelly in the pecking order just now, he's been awful so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see Malin go, he's decent as CM cover but we don't really need any cover there, and not good enough at RB imo. Hester did get 2 assists but for me the basics just aren't there, so frustrating watching the ball bounce off his shins and knees every time he tries to take a touch or make a pass.

Do not know how to do twitter, so using this form to post my tribute to Angus Nairn,knew him from the age of 5 when in the years after WW2 he came round the doors with his lending library.I still remember my father took out Gone With Wind.

Later in 1958 when he ran the record roundabout in the Marine Ballroom on a Monday night, he announced that A.F.C. had been promoted as Berwick had been beaten by Dumbarton and could not be caught by them.[I think I have got that right] Great cheering followed.

Angus it was a pleasure to know you,R.I.P.

Thought Kader played really well second half and was unlucky not to get a goal. Certainly above Skelly in the pecking order just now, he's been awful so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see Malin go, he's decent as CM cover but we don't really need any cover there, and not good enough at RB imo. Hester did get 2 assists but for me the basics just aren't there, so frustrating watching the ball bounce off his shins and knees every time he tries to take a touch or make a pass.

Shins and knees every time?? Give the boy a break. I think he's a real asset.

Shins and knees every time?? Give the boy a break. I think he's a real asset.

His lack of technical ability holds us back IMO. Tuesday night against Alloa was a prime example. Up against 2 defenders on the break with the chance to see the game out, but the ball pings off his shin and goes 30 yards through to the keeper. Against Aberdeen he did brilliantly to beat Considine and Reynolds for pace, then fluffed a relatively straight forward pass to Doris who was through on goal. I'd love him to do well, but if his ability hasn't come on that much in 2 seasons when is it?

A couple of bad passes and he's getting slated [emoji1]

He done very well against Aberdeen, scored, made the keeper make a top save and gave a very good Aberdeen defence a lot of trouble yet that one poor pass gets picked up on

Yesterday he had 2 real flashes of quality that got us our 3rd and 4th goals yet a bad pass against Alloa gets brought up for whatever reason

Other players do these things too by the way but when you've not got an agenda against them you don't see them

hester is now 22 not a laddie anymore. at alloa on tuesday dc was going mental at him for losing the ball getting in the right positions ect.so in the football world 22 is an age when you have to establish yourself as a player .

He lost the ball and they went up the park and scored. I was surprised DC put him on yesterday

1320 do you think hester has the quality or ability to compete with linn doris prunts skelly swankie for a starting place

Well considering he done more than Skelly or Prunty done in his 30 minute spell yesterday then obviously yes. He's a useful player to have in the squad.