The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Think we should congratulate Brechin on their promotion and well done to Forfar for theirs.

I watched both Brechin v Airdrie matches and the standard of football wasn't that great so if Brechin can make it to the Championship, why can't we????

I saw the Brechin v East Fife game in December (straight after we beat Forfar at station park). Wasn't a great game but from viewing it, I would suggest there isn't much between the 2 divisions. Both us & Forfar, if we are able to keep nucleus of squads can compete towards the top half of league 1.

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I saw the Brechin v East Fife game in December (straight after we beat Forfar at station park). Wasn't a great game but from viewing it, I would suggest there isn't much between the 2 divisions. Both us & Forfar, if we are able to keep nucleus of squads can compete towards the top half of league 1.

There's very little between the middle of L1 and top of L2 on the evidence of the last couple of years.

It's looking like it could be a tough L1 next year. Alloa, Raith and Ayr will all fancy a good tilt at the title. If Airdrie get their act together, you'd imagine they should be capable of pushing for it. Aside, from that, can't see there being much between any of the sides. 

Can't see any reason Arbroath and Forfar shouldn't be aiming at top 4.

53 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Has gone quiet today. Team got home from Magaluf today so we should hopefully hear about the ins and outs by the end of the week. Who do you want to stay and who do you want to go?

I would like Gold, Hamilton, Little, Linn, McCord, Whately and Doris to stay, DC too!  I am sure Linn has another year on his contract yet. 

Edited by lichtie36nilhello

1 hour ago, superlichtie87 said:

Has gone quiet today. Team got home from Magaluf today so we should hopefully hear about the ins and outs by the end of the week. Who do you want to stay and who do you want to go?

Gold, Little, Hamilton, Hodge, Linn, McCord, Whatley, Doris, Prunty (just for his singing!). 

22 hours ago, ecto said:

He is in magaluf also

I hope he wasn't in any karaoke bars.

All joking aside, Dick will be with you next season I'm sure. All the best to him and Arbroath next season. Hopefully you guys and us survive in League 1 and Montrose come up - and if Brechin come back down....

I can see most people re signing to be honest

Confident that

Gold

Little

Hammy

Linn

Whatley

Doris

Prunty

Will definitely sign

Decent chance that

Kader

Gomes

Scott

Skelly

Think

Hodge, heard he's moving country. Could be wrong though.

Smyth

Sukar

Malin, might sign seems to be one of the guys that's happy being a squad player.

Ferns, never really done too much, might get signed as an option/cover though seeing as he seems to be pretty popular within the squad.

McCallum

Hester

Will be away and not seen in an Arbroath top again.

Re signing targets. Quite a few decent players out of contract. Boy Marr at Alloa would be a cracking signing, will have played with McCord and Hammy. Danny Denholm and ToB at Forfar. Rumours of the Stranraer guy Malcolm on the Rovers thread.

Anyway, really hoping to here something soon, everyone else seems to be pretty active whilst all quiet at Gayfield.

Boys back from their holidays and contracts run out next week so imagine pre contracts/extensions will start getting announced soon.

ETA: somehow managed to forget McCord, who I think we can put in the definite bracket, not only this season but for future seasons too!

I think we have the basis of a decent League One squad, but there a few gaps we need to fill. I'd be happy to go into the first game of the season looking like this:

Gomes

Gold
Little
New CB/Hamilton
New LB/Hamilton

Linn
Whatley
McCord
New LM

Doris
New ST

Bench:
Backup GK
Backup Defender
Backup CM
Backup RM/LM
Skelly
Prunty
Backup ST

I think we have the basis of a decent League One squad, but there a few gaps we need to fill. I'd be happy to go into the first game of the season looking like this:

Gomes

Gold
Little
New CB/Hamilton
New LB/Hamilton

Linn
Whatley
McCord
New LM

Doris
New ST

Bench:
Backup GK
Backup Defender
Backup CM
Backup RM/LM
Skelly
Prunty
Backup ST

Agree with this!

Belated congrats to our chums down the road on clinching the league title (again). Been away a while so missed the last game of your season.

Seriously I hope you do well in L1 and that we can join you a year later. No animosity here, just on the pitch when we play each other.

Belated congrats to our chums down the road on clinching the league title (again). Been away a while so missed the last game of your season.
Seriously I hope you do well in L1 and that we can join you a year later. No animosity here, just on the pitch when we play each other.

I genuinely dislike Forfar more than you lot now after this season.

Good luck next year.