The Arbroath Thread

Just reading the last 30 pages and it's fairly quiet.
Am astounded that you have brought Darren Hill back though. Absolutely honking for linlithgow in 2 games I saw last season. Think they are quite happy to be shot of him.
What happened with Hutton ?
I only saw him once last season but he did make probably the best penalty and rebound save I have ever seen against Alloa.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Am astounded that you have brought Darren Hill back though. Absolutely honking for linlithgow in 2 games I saw last season. Think they are quite happy to be shot of him.
I only saw him once last season but he did make probably the best penalty and rebound save I have ever seen against Alloa.

Hill is filling a subs jersey. Won’t get anything more than a sub appearance if Jamieson was out injured. Think it’s the best way to go, save money for other areas of the squad. Gomes and Hutton both would have been on decent wages last year.

Hill is filling a subs jersey. Won’t get anything more than a sub appearance if Jamieson was out injured. Think it’s the best way to go, save money for other areas of the squad. Gomes and Hutton both would have been on decent wages last year.

Take it that Hill will assume the goalie coach role

2 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Has anyone ever seen this before?

The Crowd looks way more than 44,000.

I wonder if there are any Lichties still around who were at this game?

Scottish Cup 1st Round 24.1.1953

4-0

Attendance 44,000

Rangers Goalscorers, Hubbard, Prentice, McCulloch, W Simpson.

Rangers v Arbroath

Aye, then shortly after said penalty save he dropped a clanger and we went 1-0 down :lol:

Was not at the  game but remember it well unfortunately. From memory Arbroath were called the giant -killers of B Division for their exploits described in the programme as in these days there were two divisions A&B and C , Dvision was made up of reserve teams which funnily enough included Brechin as they were so bad.

I think Prentice  of the Rangers was John who later became our manager. In the A.F.C team ,Malcolm went to Ipswich, Gallacher to Dumbarton and he scored 4 against us but Easson eclipsed him in the same game with 5 goals,  Grant I think may have been the father or grandfather of one of our future sponsors.[hope this last statement does not get into hot water.]

Joe Cardle has left Dunfermline. Would be worth a punt to try sign him if his wage demands are not too high.

He should get another gig in the championship, one of Dunfermlines best players start of last year, Raith fans saying he might be going to them as a player coach too. Hopefully not

On 11 June 2018 at 15:40, Housecaptain said:

On 11 June 2018 at 12:40, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Has anyone ever seen this before?

The Crowd looks way more than 44,000.

I wonder if there are any Lichties still around who were at this game?

Scottish Cup 1st Round 24.1.1953

4-0

Attendance 44,000

Rangers Goalscorers, Hubbard, Prentice, McCulloch, W Simpson.

Rangers v Arbroath

My mate at work will be chuffed at this - his dad was No.4 for Arbroath. Well found.

Bloody hell it’s quiet. Meantime shall we talk about Hutton? Only saw him once in the last match away to East Fife. Obviously he had a quiet day [emoji23] But he did pull off one worldie of a save.

He was a clusterfuck of a goalkeeper

On 6/10/2018 at 13:01, stan3600 said:

I’d rather pay £5k for a personal trainer and dietitian for McCord if there was any chance it would work.

Spot on, if we can get Pongo fit it would be like a new signing, a total different player than anything else we have at the club, and this codswallop that we cannot play him and Gav in the same team is that = codswallop.