The Arbroath Thread

If we are lucky enough for scullion to sign then we can move ToB into midfield,  Scullion pretty much like for like 

What and lose the best CB in the league, you are insane

12 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

If we are lucky enough for scullion to sign then we can move ToB into midfield,  Scullion pretty much like for like 

I disagree with the above posters and agree with your obviously very serious and in no way jokey comments, Kev. ToB was our weak link last year, and the sooner we replace him in the centre of defence the better. The multiple awards he won, getting in the team of the year etc. obviously mask how bad he actually was last year.

If we can bring in Scullion to replace him and bring back some old, proven faces in the positions we need we'd be in a far better position squad wise. I reckon David Di Milta can probably still give us an option out wide (far better than the past it Bobby Linn) and Paddy Deane quite clearly fits the type of striker we need up top as a physical precense, and he's still relatively young. Stevie Fallon is local and stays in Dundee, and he's also versitile and could play anywhere across the back 4, which would be a great option to have. All are proven talents and better than the past it wasters we currently have like the aforementioned Linn, Stevie Doris and Gavin Swankie.

10 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

f we can bring in Scullion to replace him and bring back some old, proven faces in the positions we need we'd be in a far better position squad wise. I reckon David Di Milta can probably still give us an option out wide (far better than the past it Bobby Linn) and Paddy Deane quite clearly fits the type of striker we need up top as a physical precense, and he's still relatively young. Stevie Fallon is local and stays in Dundee, and he's also versitile and could play anywhere across the back 4, which would be a great option to have. All are proven talents and better than the past it wasters we currently have like the aforementioned Linn, Stevie Doris and Gavin Swankie.

Well said Simon. With a bit of luck we could get Lumsden back as manager as well.

Well said Simon. With a bit of luck we could get Lumsden back as manager as well.

Tbh if Lumsden had the budget dick has I reckon we’d be seeing the Jamie Clarke-Sergio Cecilia double pivot really come into it’s own with a proper defence behind it.

Tbh if Lumsden had the budget dick has I reckon we’d be seeing the Jamie Clarke-Sergio Cecilia double pivot really come into it’s own with a proper defence behind it.

Old Sergio I had completely forgotten about him, in fact I have erased from memory everything from when Lumsden was manager

It's just for a short part of the video, but I got some pictures of Gayfield onto Dutch tv. Here's to an increase in ironic tourism to Tutties Neuk and Arbroath;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/06/01/video-special-brothers-in-sports-visit-club-25-football/

Talking about Arbroath's kits didn't make the final edit unfortunately; 

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/arbroath-fc-20162017-home-away-shirts/

Edited by DutchBorderer

6 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Dunfermline’s general manager has tweeted that our goalkeeping coach, John Ritchie, has died. RIP.

On the Brechin website as well RIP