The Arbroath Thread

Happy with Thomson, Hopefully he is here to play in a back 4,  Although I still think we will start with back 3.
If we are going to a back 4 do we really need another midfielder like Roberson? Didn’t look up to much against us and doesn’t really have legs and dig like Martin did.

This is the first response from a Raith fan to that

Would be a big blow to lose Scott Robertson, and what a signing that would be for Arbroath.

Four away games would be better than hiring out New Bayview, but I’m not sure where it would stand in terms of fairness, or ‘sporting integrity’.

If he’d be a massive blow to Raith if he left them imagine he’d be a cracking signing for us. Imagine Swanks would just go back to being a 10 or upfront again.

Someone might just be putting 2 and 2 together though with Thomson supposedly coming along with the fact Robertson is local and supposedly taking a full time coaching role with United.

Hard to judge him on just what I seen but he just didn’t ever seem to do much, Always remember Thomson though, Linn seemed to struggle against him, hopefully they make a good partnership down right tho, 

Have absolutely no idea what way dick is going with team this year, Still won’t be surprised to see Hester and Kader leave, although he seems to like Kader and can’t imagine he will be a massive wage 

Hard to judge him on just what I seen but he just didn’t ever seem to do much, Always remember Thomson though, Linn seemed to struggle against him, hopefully they make a good partnership down right tho, 
Have absolutely no idea what way dick is going with team this year, Still won’t be surprised to see Hester and Kader leave, although he seems to like Kader and can’t imagine he will be a massive wage 

Have heard Hester might be going out on loan.

58 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If he’d be a massive blow to Raith if he left them imagine he’d be a cracking signing for us. 

If we'd had Robertson fit all season, then I think it would've been a different story for us. It's no coincidence we played our best football with him on the pitch. Sadly though, the reality is that he's at a point where like Thomson he's in the twilight years of his football career.  He could've easily walked away from us at the end of last season but decided to give it one more crack. He also was happy to help Craig Easton out with our development team despite having no obligation to do so at all. If he leaves, then it'll be a shame but I'd imagine he'd have commanded a good wage with us, which would allow for us to get someone younger, and more consistently fit in. 

Heard Montrose were also in for Robertson.

I really like Jason Thomson. Good guy by all accounts, and been a good player for us. Best days are behind him but IMO a good player still.

Montrose after Rankin and Flood too supposedly, ageing ex United defensive midfielders must be up Stewart Petrie’s street. As soon as I heard about that Robertson rumour I did think he’d probably be more suited to one of the other Angus clubs. Suppose we’ll just need to wait and see.

Love the signing of Thomson. Happy to see it confirmed

Happy with Jason Thomson and imo brings some more strength and height to our team, i think we will go with a back 4 with Thomson, Little, TOB and Hammy plus the new goalie that looks a strong defence.

I think with our midfield/front players we still have goals to go with a 4-4-2 and can easily change to a 3-5-2 if need be.

In regards Hester i also find it strange, i  would of certainly started the season with him on the bench and if we sign another striker or get a couple of loan players then put him out on loan then but i reckon we only have 15/16 players and that includes 2 goalies so if we get suspensions/injuries i reckon we would struggle to fill the bench.

I do believe Hester has goals in him and a good sub to bring on with 20-30 to go against tiring defences but to put him straight out on loan after given him a new deal i am struggling to work that out unless we are bringing in another striker as Doris will not be back until at least October and that is when we could have put Hester out and i would rather he went down a league to get more game time and should be easier to get goals.

So up to now some very good signings and hopefully one or two more to come.

Well done to the Management team and AFC Board for getting the feelgood factor back to the club since they arrived.