The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Fantastic news hearing Lichtie legend Sir Boab has signed for yet another season(s) at the home of coastal football.

Will the club now crack on & confirm all others who are committing to spending Saturday afternoons in a maroon shirt.

Mon the Lichties!!:thumsup2

Totally agree, Sir Boaby has been a great servant to the Red Lichties and has a good 2 seasons left in him at this level, well done AFC.

Also great to see the Wafflers on here that said he was leaving have went into hiding lol

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Also great to see the Wafflers on here that said he was leaving have went into hiding lol

This forum is a crazy place; so many outrageous claims....

I missed everyone slaughtering Michael McKenna when he signed, and also missed people saying Bobby Linn was leaving? :unsure: I have a fair bit of free time at 'work' quite often to browse this forum and it's surprising I've missed both of these things completely.

I just wish people could quote these things and remind me of them ever being said? It's almost like...... no-one ever said them and people are making things up...... :unsure::o 

14906913627_91f32c3531_z.jpg

I missed everyone slaughtering Michael McKenna when he signed, and also missed people saying Bobby Linn was leaving? :unsure: I have a fair bit of free time at 'work' quite often to browse this forum and it's surprising I've missed both of these things completely.
I just wish people could quote these things and remind me of them ever being said? It's almost like...... no-one ever said them and people are making things up...... :unsure:[emoji33] 

14906913627_91f32c3531_z.jpg.5cba560e76f429c9969e5638826e02fa.jpg

Tbh Simon after your Birnstingl gifs I hope every fucking posted on this forum pisses you off with your free time at work x

I just wish people could quote these things and remind me of them ever being said? It's almost like...... no-one ever said them and people are making things up...... :unsure:[emoji33] 

14906913627_91f32c3531_z.jpg.5cba560e76f429c9969e5638826e02fa.jpg

Agree with you on the slaughtering thing 100 percent.

But I do have quotes from someone that said these things to me..

‘He doesn’t want to leave the club but will be forced out’

‘he’ll end up at Montrose with SP’

‘He’s gradually phasing Bobby out’

You might know who that was and even though that person might not have said these things like that on here they were definitely strongly hinting at all of that just because DC had once said he had an injury when he didn’t and because Skelly had got on ahead of him, or something like that. [emoji6]

11 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree with you on the slaughtering thing 100 percent.

You might know who that was and even though that person might not have said these things like that on here

So, you're agreeing with me 100% on both counts aren't you?

No-one  said either of these things on here, which is what has been claimed. :)

I genuinely have no idea why people would make this stuff up :unsure: Is our managers wild claims in the press beginning to rub off on some of our fans also?

Edited by SimonLichtie

In terms of squad for next season, I think we've got the following signed up:

ToB

Ricky Little

Blair Yule

Mark Whatley

Ryan McCord

Gavin Swankie

Danny Denholm

Bobby Linn

Ryan Wallace

Kane Hester

Michael McKenna

While I'm very dubious about how we'd fair in the division above without half a dozen quality additions to that squad, I do really like having all of our best players signed up for next year already. Over the years, it's something that's always frustrated me seeing us at this time of year with 1/2 signed up for the following season and a lot of uncertainty where as we've got the bulk of them signed up this time which is great to see. This summer will be the quietest in terms of in's/ out's that has been since I started supporting the club, and that is no bad thing.  Credit to the management for getting so much sorted out so early.

It has been said for 5/6 weeks prior to Bobby Linn signing new deal that we have 12 of current squad signed up for next year, so there must be at least two more in current squad signed up but not announced/ signed 2 year deals last summer and not announced at the time for some reason. Weird how we announced Ricky Little and Bobby Linn within days of them signing, but haven't announced any of the others that Dick and Pink say have been signed up for weeks/ months now. :unsure:

On an unrelated note; I would like to wish Stranraer all the best in their trip up to Inverness today. Highly unfair that the SPFL have forced them to play a team in the division above in a league game and I was extremely surprised this was the case when Dick mentioned it post match a few weeks ago but if Dick says this is happening then who am I to doubt him? :)

It’s good that you guys are the keeping the majority of what’s a really good squad together. Obviously I hope you don’t win the play offs this year unless some sort of miracle happens today but with that squad and a few additions you’ll be one of the favourites for the title next year.

So, you're agreeing with me 100% on both counts aren't you?
No-one  said either of these things on here, which is what has been claimed. [emoji4]
I genuinely have no idea why people would make this stuff up :unsure: Is our managers wild claims in the press beginning to rub off on some of our fans also?

Maybe not, but you surely understand why you might’ve gave off that impression? [emoji12]

14 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I just wish people could quote these things and remind me of them ever being said? It's almost like...... no-one ever said them and people are making things up...... :unsure::o 

14906913627_91f32c3531_z.jpg

I think it was you yourself who said after Bobby didn’t start a game a few months back 

“good luck to Bobby at his new club next season”

56 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Simon did post that. He’ll explain what he meant.

Quite obviously I was promoting the benefits of sending Bobby out on loan to get game time if we weren't playing him ourselves, similar to the agreement we had with Kane going to Albion this season and likely what will happen with him next season. Another club could have been developing Bobby and bringing him up to scratch to get into our starting 11.

;):rolleyes:

Quite obviously I was promoting the benefits of sending Bobby out on loan to get game time if we weren't playing him ourselves, similar to the agreement we had with Kane going to Albion this season and likely what will happen with him next season. Another club could have been developing Bobby and bringing him up to scratch to get into our starting 11.
[emoji6]:rolleyes:

Cmon now. If DC had been behaving like you have here you’d be all over it [emoji6]

Hopefully today is quickly forgotten about, All that matters now is getting behind the team and getting a result on Wednesday, Hope there is a decent turn out and everyone gets right behind the team,  Dumbarton have had a tough season so hopefully their heads are down, Also being part time they won’t have any advantage on the day, Can’t imagine a big support will be up either Midweek while we have the opportunity to travel down on the Saturday,