The Arbroath Thread

Who will end the season as Arbroath's top scorer?  It's tight.

League and Cup goals so far -

Denholm 12

McCord 10

McIntosh 10

Wallace 8 (not counting goals for Stranraer)

I think it's a great sign that we've had 15 separate scorers this season in League and Cup (plus even Skelly in a friendly).  Goals everywhere. Now if Ricky Little could break his duck...

15 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think our definitions of 'widely criticised' must be very, very different. 

My definition of 'widely criticised' certainly adds up to a wee bitty more than a couple of fans saying they're slightly underwelmed at the signing and questioning if his signing strengthened us in a position we needed to strengthen in or if we'd have been better looking at other areas and spending the money there.

One of the good things about P&B is of course that all the posts made around that time have been saved on this forum; therefore you can of course easily back up this claim and considering almost every fan slaughtered the signing, you should be able to easily find half a dozen or so quotes from different Lichties saying as much, right?

If you can't do so, then in my opinion it would look pretty silly now. ;)

I’ll take back the word “widely”, looked back and 6 people criticised the signing on here, much to my surprise one of them wasn’t you. Probably a few more around the ground at the time.

anyway he’s been great and hopefully more to come, also shows there are good players playing at league 2 and below. 

3 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Only if you boys can come down.

People talk about the 4 Angus clubs in the same league but having the 3 biggest clubs in Tayside in one league would be much better.

We're staying up but we'll let you play the satsumas from across the road in our absence.

Bobby Linn

Arbroath Football Club are delighted to announce that Bobby Linn has agreed to extend his contract at Gayfield.

News of Bobby extending his stay will be followed in the next few days by more news of his team mates committing their future at Gayfield!

This is great news for Lichties across the world as Bobby writes the next chapter of his footballing career at Gayfield.

It was back in the summer of 2013 when a fresh faced Bobby made his Arbroath debut alongside Ricky Little in July 2013 at Craigroyston in Edinburgh.

Since then he has played against Rangers at Ibrox, Hearts and Hibernian in the Capital and as far north as Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup whilst wearing maroon.

His natural skill on the pitch has been rewarded with a love affair by all Arbroath supporters, especially during the difficult times when Bobby was the inspiration on the pitch for his team mates and fans.

Bobby won the 2014/2015 PFA Scotland Player’s Player of the Year and of course has a League 2 Championship medal after winning the league last year at Stirling!

Not only does Bobby's signing give the entire team a lift going into the play-offs but another member of our talented squad who will be at Gayfield next season as we go again.

C'mon the Lichties!

Bobby Linn - sm.jpg

Simon said he was unhappy but [emoji6]

Nah that’s brilliant news love the guy think he’s become a better player the older he’s got too. Both feet, pace and loved by everyone

I can’t wait to “slaughter” the lad