The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:
9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:
I'm sure there will be no problems with the trophy. We are quite particular about trophy care, spelling, grammar and use of ellipses

Brilliant news

Oh, and congratulations. Wish I'd bet on your mob winning the league instead of just betting on you making the playoffs.

Oh, and congratulations. Wish I'd bet on your mob winning the league instead of just betting on you making the playoffs.

There’s still another game to go. Elgin winning would hardly be the biggest shock. Maybe keep they congratulations on hold, unless you’re trying to jinx them of course [emoji6]

There’s still another game to go. Elgin winning would hardly be the biggest shock. Maybe keep they congratulations on hold, unless you’re trying to jinx them of course [emoji6]
Just you get your last picture with the trophy this week boyo...it's coming to us.

All the trophies presented today very well deserved especially Graham Black. Danny Denholm’s screamer of a goal was great but I still prefer Pongo’s amazing bit of skill.

Agree about the awards, the look on Graham Blacks face when he got his is joyous, well deserved for his excellent work

Chatting to my mate as I left the game yesterday saying McKenna has proven to be an excellent signing so far, he was exactly the type of player we needed.

Almost every fan on here slaughtered the signing at the time, must be feeling pretty silly now. 

Chatting to my mate as I left the game yesterday saying McKenna has proven to be an excellent signing so far, he was exactly the type of player we needed.

Almost every fan on here slaughtered the signing at the time, must be feeling pretty silly now. 

Only usual suspects tbf. He’s been really good, work rate is brilliant, always running into the channels, wins so much and takes us up the park, clever when he has it and has bagged a few goals too.

Regarding the play offs. Could be anybody now. All depends on next Saturday. Alloa putting on a good show today and wouldn’t be surprised if they done the same next week and took something from Raith.

Cant remember anyone “slaughtering” him tbh

Agree Id rather play any of the other 3 over Alloa, they seem to have the edge over us, 

I don’t think anyone actually criticised McKenna, Was just a surprise signing when we had a lot of options in these areas but he has kept working hard and fully warranted is place in the team, only 1 tiny moan is he is far more effective up top opposed to wing but that’s not his fault 

21 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

It was widely critisced as a signing before he’d kicked a ball

I think our definitions of 'widely criticised' must be very, very different. 

My definition of 'widely criticised' certainly adds up to a wee bitty more than a couple of fans saying they're slightly underwelmed at the signing and questioning if his signing strengthened us in a position we needed to strengthen in or if we'd have been better looking at other areas and spending the money there.

5 hours ago, Smokerson said:

One of the good things about P&B is of course that all the posts made around that time have been saved on this forum; therefore you can of course easily back up this claim and considering almost every fan slaughtered the signing, you should be able to easily find half a dozen or so quotes from different Lichties saying as much, right?

If you can't do so, then in my opinion it would look pretty silly now. ;)

Definitely wasn’t widely criticised.

He took a slagging after one of his first games though. Think it was Albion. But only from a couple of people. Remember going on the all defensive for him in his early days here. [emoji6]

I love him now.