The Arbroath Thread

Bobby is an all round better player than Omar, I can’t really see why anybody with any degree of football knowledge would disagree with that.

However, Bobby probably had one of his quietist and poorest games of the season against Ayr United (possibly to do with a niggle or fatigue with all the games we’ve played)

so he was then left out for the Albion game, a fresh Omar came in, scored and played reasonably well. I really don’t have any issue with this. I think the team will chop and change now towards the end of the season. Great to be keeping players on their toes with the competition we have.

bobby linn is a class player no doubt . but in the modern game work rate ie tracking back is a major thing .at times it lets linn down so often whereas omar up and down the length of the park it comes down to an individual opinion on what you look for in a player 100% skill but no work rate or 70% skill and 100% work rate

bobby linn is a class player no doubt . but in the modern game work rate ie tracking back is a major thing .at times it lets linn down so often whereas omar up and down the length of the park it comes down to an individual opinion on what you look for in a player 100% skill but no work rate or 70% skill and 100% work rate

Mourinho ditched Salah and many other amazing wingers because they didn’t track back enough for him. Where did that get him? Hmmm. Well he did ok but the wingers did better when they got away from him.

are you serious stan what a lot of bullshit mate only probably the most successful manager in modern times for you to say he done ok shows your level of fitba knowledge

I lived in Milan and I’m an Inter fan as well as Arbroath, so I loved it when he won us the Champions League, but he left us a pile of shit that we never recovered from. Mourinho wins things, but he destroys creative players.

11 minutes ago, keptie said:

Doubt it, losing goals would give you something else to whine about.

You're bang on there, I hate losing goals, every week that lazy b*****d Linn plays we concede a goal down his flank.

The sooner we re-sign Paul lunan, Roddy black an Iain Dobbins as a defensive midfield trio the better.

29 minutes ago, Devits said:

David DiMalta was a great ballboy. The truth.

Davie di milta an lari yao in the same team would be frightening.

If we'd stuck Davie on the a92 an lari in the north sea to return the ball it would add another dynamic to our game.

Saturday's game v Raith will be a hard one with our "poorish" home form and full-time Raith needing a win to stay on course for the title.

Do we bring Gomes back in if fit because although i think Hutts is a decent keeper he has lost 7 goals in the last 2 1/2 games?

Hopefully both T.O.B. and Bobby are back fit as they are 2 players who would always be in my starting XI.

In regards another player (when fit) would be in my starting XI Pongo McCord what is the actual story with him? is it fitness/fallout/tactics as there is never anything in the press and he never's gets game time and his play/assists/goals/free kicks are most of the time superb so it is a mystery why he is not playing?

If you offered me we would be in 4th position with 5 games to go i think i would have taken it so C'Mon the Red Lichties.

Q - Who would you rather play first in the play-offs Dumbarton or Raith?

Saturday's game v Raith will be a hard one with our "poorish" home form and full-time Raith needing a win to stay on course for the title.
Do we bring Gomes back in if fit because although i think Hutts is a decent keeper he has lost 7 goals in the last 2 1/2 games?
Hopefully both T.O.B. and Bobby are back fit as they are 2 players who would always be in my starting XI.
In regards another player (when fit) would be in my starting XI Pongo McCord what is the actual story with him? is it fitness/fallout/tactics as there is never anything in the press and he never's gets game time and his play/assists/goals/free kicks are most of the time superb so it is a mystery why he is not playing?
If you offered me we would be in 4th position with 5 games to go i think i would have taken it so C'Mon the Red Lichties.

I refuse to answer that before we have a playoff place.

Let's be honest if we had been offered 4th at the start of the season, we would have grabbed it with both hands, the correct answer is Dumbarton they appear in free fall