The Arbroath Thread

Montrose crowd on Saturday was 1,182, due to them giving away free tickets to school children. They’ve done this a few times now and each time it’s drawn good crowds.

Wonder if it is potentially something we should look at, even singling out two games a season or so, maybe games where there will be little away support or games in tougher times, end of January for example.

Free tickets to all primary school children and discounted rate of £5 or whatever for their parent/parents.

I’m sure it could be as successful as it is for Montrose, actually when you look at the size of the town it has the potential to be much more successful.

Given how good we have become in the community and on social media etc, along with a good team on the park, I’m sure we could benefit from it down the line at some point and potentially attract more youngsters to become involved with the club?

Just a thought

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Montrose crowd on Saturday was 1,182, due to them giving away free tickets to school children. They’ve done this a few times now and each time it’s drawn good crowds.

Wonder if it is potentially something we should look at, even singling out two games a season or so, maybe games where there will be little away support or games in tougher times, end of January for example.

Free tickets to all primary school children and discounted rate of £5 or whatever for their parent/parents.

I’m sure it could be as successful as it is for Montrose, actually when you look at the size of the town it has the potential to be much more successful.

Given how good we have become in the community and on social media etc, along with a good team on the park, I’m sure we could benefit from it down the line at some point and potentially attract more youngsters to become involved with the club?

Just a thought

I remember suggesting this a few years back.

the clubs response was it would be unfair to season tickets holders who have payed up front for a discount. It wouldnt bother me but im sure others will disagree. Also the club would also incur higher costs with extra stewarding and police presence required for a larger crowd.

That was a few years ago so maybe the board has mellowed a bit and is willing to try this sort of thing out.

I remember suggesting this a few years back.

the clubs response was it would be unfair to season tickets holders who have payed up front for a discount. It wouldnt bother me but im sure others will disagree. Also the club would also incur higher costs with extra stewarding and police presence required for a larger crowd.

That was a few years ago so maybe the board has mellowed a bit and is willing to try this sort of thing out.

Surely nobody would get angry at school kids getting free tickets? [emoji23]

That would be a new low someone complaining about that.

Can’t comment on the polis/stewarding costs but If Montrose can manage it surely we could.

Watched the highlights of their game Saturday and never noticed a single steward around the 3 sides shown on the footage. Surely not that many required.

Been saying for ages that we should try something like Montrose have been doing, even if we make a loss due to stewarding policing etc, which I can’t see given that we only ever see extra stewarding when we play the old firm etc, it’ll be worth it if some of those who take advantage of the offer come back. I personally think u12s should be free at all SPFL games, it’s much easier to get fans when they are younger rather than trying to change the habit of a lifetime with people who have never gone.

6 games in 24 days. Not going to be easy, really hard run for the team.

Some very tough fixtures too.

Hopefully come out the other side of it having done well but I’m a bit worried.

Season defining run of games. Thank god (Dick) we have a really strong squad with no players you’d be disappointed to see in the starting line up. I think that’s a first.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

6 games in 24 days. Not going to be easy, really hard run for the team.

Some very tough fixtures too.

Hopefully come out the other side of it having done well but I’m a bit worried.

Ban over in three weeks, superb

Great to see ex-Red Lichtie striker getting back in amongst the goals for his new club East Kilbride FC scoring last week in a top of the league clash then in midweek in the 1-0 victory to get his club into a cup semi-final.

East Kilbride FC have a few Red Lichties playing for them apart from Prunts they have Adam Strachan and Darren Ramsey and Arbroath lad Tony Wallace in their ranks.

Like to see ex-Lichtie favourites doing well after they leave on good terms.