The Arbroath Thread

On 2/6/2018 at 15:52, Devits said:

11 of them signed up for next season too according to ian Campbell. Very decent.

Any idea who the 11 are? The club have made very few announcements on that side of things.... Due to the Pink/ Dick's ability to 'bend the truth' in post match interviews, it's hard to know if we actually have 11 signed up for next year and we didn't make the announcements or if this is just a classic 'school teacher' scenario where we actually only have the one's we've announced signed.

As far as I'm aware we've got Ricky Little, Tam O'Brien, Danny Denholm, Gavin Swankie, Blair Yule, Michael McKenna and Ryan Wallace signed up for next year. Would be nice if we'd made some sort of announcement regarding the others if they are signed.

I always think the best thing is to have your core players signed up for the following season around this time, so great to see us preparing for next year already. It may however come back to bite us if we do go up and we've already chucked our budget at what we have and don't have much left to bring in anywhere near the quality we'd need to stay up though....

:lol:    never a dull moment with fester!! :thumsup2

Have you seen the footage? It was a proper heads gone moment.

Iv also heard but obviously can’t confirm if it’s true that he stormed into the referees room after the game and continued his rant. If it is indeed true then the disciplinary committee will not look kindly at that. On a positive note tho I can’t see us getting Roncone as a Ref again after all this

5 games probably about right, sometimes he doesn't even leave the stand till 25 mins to go so hardly much of a hardship for him. Hopefully they took into account the staggering penalty decision.

Well done Dick and the players for the MOTM award. Well deserved

Dick is a dinosaur living in a PC digital world. That's not a criticism of him, far from it, (I'm still a huge fan of him even though he's your gaffer)but a criticism of a sport where all involved should wear their heart on their sleeve like Dick does. Unfortunately referees, in particular, appear to be shielded from criticism and question. 

I was less than impressed with The Courier today, the "headline" could have suggested DC was giving up football until you read the article.

Wonder how much of a difference that makes to the players with DC being banned from the dug out?
Could this be "detrimental" in the weeks to come? 

He sits in the stand a lot anyway. Pink is the dugout man. He’s basically just earned himself a seat now, nobody can call him lazy by not being in and about the dugout. Worked out pretty well for him I’d say.

First of all  well done to Dick, the backroom staff the players and not forgetting the AFC Board who have backed him on the deserved MOTM award, richly deserved.

Secondly Dick cannot go running on the park so deserved some type of punishment but it should be treated like a red card so should have got a 2 or 3 game ban not 5 with a further 2 suspended, also what has happened to the referee who had a shocker??

Why do referees seem to go unpunished, surely in the heat of the game (remembering the crazy non-pen decision was at a crucial time of the game and we COULD have been playing in a money spinning game against  Rangers) Managers and players might react to bad decisions but when things like the penalty that was turned down by Roncone (yet everybody in the ground thought it was a penalty) happens surely the referee Supervisor in the stand should have a say at the disciplinary hearing and the referee should also get banned?

Dick deserved punishment but i am glad my Manager shows passion for his club and his players but he needs to stay off the park in future.