The Arbroath Thread

Thanks guys.
Aye he’s undoubtedly a great guy and a good person to have around the club.
I have no idea if he’d be brought in as a coach, just inferring given his age and like you say he’d no doubt have a vast amount of experience he could pass on to our very young squad.
Would love for him to have one final good run with us

I think he could be quite good if he got a run in the Airdrie side. I’d really want to see him do well too, sure everyone else involved with Arbroath would say the same, made a really good impression on everyone here. Model pro, could be very good for Airdries young squad.

A real shame Prunty hasn’t really done it for us. One of the most passionate players I’ve ever seen playing for us and an all round great guy. His goal at Annan was absolute scenes and don’t think anyone who was there will ever forget that.

Hopefully a minutes silence tomorrow, very sad news

Prunty is a terrific guy, a dying breed, these passionate players,  however he has been a poor signing, not quite sure we can say that he is "done" at this level due to the fact that nobody has really seen him kick a ball since last season. 

I hope Prunts stays with us, he seems happy enough to be a squad player and does okay when he comes on holding the ball up and showing experience when required, his love of the club is there for all to see and the vast majority fans have total respect for him, he also shouts plenty of encouragement from the sidelines so looks like he is heading into the coaching side of things, i think even he will realise at this stage of his career that if everybody is fit the chances of starting are slim but sometimes it is good having pro players like him content on the bench rather than have "sulky" players causing unrest in the squad.

If he did move on i hope it is a club not in our league as time and time again our ex-players always score against us i.e. Willie Watters when everybody said he was "past it" we then punt him and 2 months later he bangs in a hat-trick against us at Gayfield for Albion Rovers!!

I think he stays down Airdrie way and seems to be a bit of a legend there so no surprise if they are after him especially with their young squad.

Anyway it is his birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRUNTS and hopefully you get a chance to bang in a burfda goal at Gayfield tomorrow.

On the tragic news in regards Red Lichtie Legend John McGlashan i am sure there will be a mark of respect for him tomorrow, either a minutes silence or maybe a minutes applause which might be more appropriate as he was a bubbly type person and it just seems a more proper thing to do.

Absolute gem of a guy and a lot of folk gutted at this tragedy.

R.I.P. Big John. 

13 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I hope Prunts stays with us, he seems happy enough to be a squad player and does okay when he comes on holding the ball up and showing experience when required, his love of the club is there for all to see and the vast majority fans have total respect for him, he also shouts plenty of encouragement from the sidelines so looks like he is heading into the coaching side of things, i think even he will realise at this stage of his career that if everybody is fit the chances of starting are slim but sometimes it is good having pro players like him content on the bench rather than have "sulky" players causing unrest in the squad.

If he did move on i hope it is a club not in our league as time and time again our ex-players always score against us i.e. Willie Watters when everybody said he was "past it" we then punt him and 2 months later he bangs in a hat-trick against us at Gayfield for Albion Rovers!!

I think he stays down Airdrie way and seems to be a bit of a legend there so no surprise if they are after him especially with their young squad.

Anyway it is his birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRUNTS and hopefully you get a chance to bang in a burfda goal at Gayfield tomorrow.

The thing is we have a budget, which we need to use to the best of our ability to have the highest quality of player we can get to contribute for us on the park.

I agree with almost everything you're saying regarding Prunts, I love everything about him apart from his footballing ability at this stage and his usefulness to us as a player at this point in time. Sadly, we can't carry players on first team wages who very rarely play. It simply isn't viable.

Considering the squad we currently have, what other player/ players do we have that we wouldn't miss on the pitch if they were to leave? Prunts is unfortunately the odd one out at this point, and the player with the least game time.

I think it's an absolute priority to get Scott Martin till the end of the season and after that unless we get someone out there will be no further signings. We may need to even get two players out to bring one in at this point. In my opinion we really need to get in someone else who can at least give us cover at left back if possible, and covering that position is far more important than having 6 strikers in a squad of 18 or so.

We cant be keeping players just because they celebrate a goal, chat to the fans and shout encouragement, would be surprised if Prunty is hear come the end of the month, great guy and hes been a top player throughout the years, hasn't quite worked out for him here.

Dick really needs to drop Hammy. He has been poor for a while and you could see he struggled today, not only with defending but passing too. We need to bring a player in who can challenge him for his position in the team.

Who are you replacing him with that is currently on the books?

Hammy was alright no chance I’d want to see him dropped anyway, poor balls out from the back today but was the same story for Yule and Little too.

Anyway probably the best position we’ve been in for years, going up to 3rd in League 1 without even playing guys like Ryan McCord, Danny Denholm, Bobby Linn, Stevie Doris and Tam O’Brien. Good times

Hammy played some excellent passes in the second half. He also gets less protection than what little gets on the right, almost having to play left centre in the back 3 and left back leaving him more exposed. Not saying he's playing at his best but thought he was excellent second half.

Dick really needs to drop Hammy. He has been poor for a while and you could see he struggled today, not only with defending but passing too. We need to bring a player in who can challenge him for his position in the team.

Colin Hamilton should stay in the team purely on his diving ability. Running towards his own goal, striker behind him, just falls over and gets us a free kick every week. Unreal

50 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

What players are in this pic please? Recognise big baikie

Standing - Brian Grant, Craig Cooper, —-, John Gallagher, Scott Peters, John Martin, Brian Mitchell, Steve Florence, Davie Baikie. 

Sitting - Mel Irons, Kevin Tindal, Neil Thomson

55 minutes ago, Devits said:

Colin Hamilton should stay in the team purely on his diving ability. Running towards his own goal, striker behind him, just falls over and gets us a free kick every week. Unreal

We talk about this every week, got it down to actual art, 

52 minutes ago, Smokie said:

Standing - Brian Grant, Craig Cooper, —-, John Gallagher, Scott Peters, John Martin, Brian Mitchell, Steve Florence, Davie Baikie. 

Sitting - Mel Irons, Kevin Tindal, Neil Thomson

Never noticed the ringer at the back, who snuck in next to Coops, clown