The Arbroath Thread

Honestly cant see that happening, as much as I am not fussed for Kane, Dick has used him in a lot of games this season and he has had an impact. Also seems to be a likeable guy with the players and around the club, if he was going out id expect a far better option than Fraser coming in. Nobody can argue with the impact McIntosh has made, lets hope it continues for him tomorrow.

Mcintosh has been a quality addiction, fit, powerful and seems to get himself in the right place at the right time which we’ve been missing a bit this season, great bit of business by dick even if just short term

Iceland? I’d buy him a whole freezer full if he’d stay.

Well going by what a member of the club mentioned at the game on Saturday, both Forfar and Montrose are interested in Hester.

Neither of the Campbells rate Hester highly enough to start games. Think its something like 5 competetive starts in the past 18 months.

And furthermore to that, someone else mentioned that the loan swap deal for Hester and Fraser was on the cards.
Already seen it earlier this year that DC prefered Fraser to Hester.

Mcintosh has been a quality addiction, fit, powerful and seems to get himself in the right place at the right time which we’ve been missing a bit this season, great bit of business by dick even if just short term

Been brilliant. Fits our team really well. Great signing considering the limited budget we will have had at the time considering the players we have at the club. Imagine he’ll be here the remainder of the season going by his interviews. And possibly going into next season if he doesn’t want to do another stint abroad. Were ideal for him as a Dundee based player.

Very impressed. Puts himself about.

As for Hester I really like him but I still don’t think he should be starting, nothing against him as he’s a good player it’s just that we have better ones. Got some very good players at the club and it’s tough for him to get in. Personally don’t think he’ll leave unless he really wants a starting place elsewhere, which he could easily get at Forfar or Montrose. I don’t think Dick just doesn’t rate him, maybe just doesn’t think he’s good enough to start which seems reasonable. He’s signed him up the last 2 year now and thrown him on when we’ve needed a goal, Saturday a perfect example.

Don’t think it would make that much of a difference to us because Fraser is also a decent player and I imagine he’d take over Hester’s role now, brief spells and appearances from the bench. Although I really like Kane and hope he stays.

If we had squads we’ve had in the past he’d be playing every week but we’re blessed with a really talented group just now.

I would rather keep Hester than have Fraser, but I don’t think Hester will ever be a regular starter for us and people should accept that he is best served coming off the bench. Whether he is happy to play that role or not I don’t know, but I’d imagine he knew opportunities to start would’ve been limited this season and still chose to sign on.

I would rather keep Hester than have Fraser, but I don’t think Hester will ever be a regular starter for us and people should accept that he is best served coming off the bench. Whether he is happy to play that role or not I don’t know, but I’d imagine he knew opportunities to start would’ve been limited this season and still chose to sign on.

Surely Kane wants to start games, so if it is not going to happen here, he moves on, Prunts in a different point of his career, no sure what we would achieve having him and Fraser

The postponement yesterday definitely works in our favour with regards to injuries and trying to get new players in. In between now and the end of January I think we need at least 1 striker, probably 2 since Prunty will most likely be allowed to leave and a left back. Not sure when Scott Martin’s loan is up but would be great to keep him until the end of the season, a quality player.

I would keep all the present squad, Prunts is a good forward to come on to hold up the play and Hester is a totally different forward and more of an impact sub, Hendry is a decent sub for cover at the back or midfield, if we need to add i would say it is a defender and a striker to replace the long-term Doris/Skelly, bear in mind if we are bringing in players they obviously want to start and who would you replace out of our starting XI? sometimes you are better to keep a close happy squad with players who do not mind starting on the bench and coming on rather than bring in players who go in the huff if they are on the bench and cause unrest, i remember Paul Sheerin regretted freeing Keith Gibson who was a decent squad player and brought a lot of harmony to the dressing room and when he moved on and returned for Farfir to play us at Gayfield he was MOM and scored 2 goals against us!!

I get what you are saying but if you want to keep improving you have to keep improving the quality of player you have.

Can’t just keep them around for morale. I can’t really see anyone coming in and causing problems in the dressing room either with the guys we have in there, management team won’t take any shite and make it enjoyable for the players.

There are some good players out there with links to DC I wouldn’t mind seeing at the club, and players will need to leave for anyone to come in.

Need to wait and see what happens though but trust DC fully, best group we’ve had in a long time in my opinion. Better than Sheerins group for me, think the division was easier at the time the year Cowden won it.

On 13/12/2017 at 19:25, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I would keep all the present squad, Prunts is a good forward to come on to hold up the play and Hester is a totally different forward and more of an impact sub, Hendry is a decent sub for cover at the back or midfield, if we need to add i would say it is a defender and a striker to replace the long-term Doris/Skelly, bear in mind if we are bringing in players they obviously want to start and who would you replace out of our starting XI? sometimes you are better to keep a close happy squad with players who do not mind starting on the bench and coming on rather than bring in players who go in the huff if they are on the bench and cause unrest, i remember Paul Sheerin regretted freeing Keith Gibson who was a decent squad player and brought a lot of harmony to the dressing room and when he moved on and returned for Farfir to play us at Gayfield he was MOM and scored 2 goals against us!!

Have you seen Prunty play?

Edited by HeraldSchumacher

We need rid of Tam O'Brien

Last season, Hammy and Little - best centre-back pairing in the league.

This season, TOB + 1 other and our defense has went to pot.

I find it amazing that the Campbell's have actually now resorted to a back 3 so we have 2 other centre-halves to cover for TOB's mistakes just because they like the lad.

Edited by HeraldSchumacher

12 hours ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

We need rid of Tam O'Brien

Last season, Hammy and Little - best centre-back pairing in the league.

This season, TOB + 1 other and our defense has went to pot.

I find it amazing that the Campbell's have actually now resorted to a back 3 so we have 2 other centre-halves to cover for TOB's mistakes just because they like the lad.

"defense" are you American?