The Arbroath Thread

So the club are sorting Stevie out in getting his op paid for him by some means.

I have no idea how these things usually work at this level but I’ve got a feeling that this has all been taken out of context a bit.

No way as a club we’d just leave him in the shit.

So the club are sorting Stevie out in getting his op paid for him by some means.

I have no idea how these things usually work at this level but I’ve got a feeling that this has all been taken out of context a bit.

No way as a club we’d just leave him in the shit.

Is it really that unbelievable that we’d leave an injured player in the shit?And where is it said that we’re paying for his op-All I can see is that he’s going to speak to the consultant and that DC is trying to use his contacts to help him.

Is it really that unbelievable that we’d leave an injured player in the shit?And where is it said that we’re paying for his op-All I can see is that he’s going to speak to the consultant and that DC is trying to use his contacts to help him.

Yes. Especially not someone like Doris.

look the facts are stevie d had a meeting before the game against berwick with the chairman. who said they didnt have the funds to pay fact again. this is not bullshit but totally factual. but the main thing if it a private benefactor or whatever the lad is getting sorted

So the club have said they can’t pay for it just now, I imagine knowing that they’ll be able to get it sorted somehow through other means.

Was Doris not sitting watching the game in the stand? Do you think he would’ve stayed and watched if he thought we were just going to leave him humped?

1320 at times you are so naive at times regarding fitba. of course doris will attend game to support his teammates. its called team spirit all the players support each other through good times and bad.all credit to dc in this situation he is the driving force behind this

DC is brilliant, I think people are way too quick to start having a go at the club without knowing all the details, happened with Gomes recently and the McManus thing comes up a lot even now.

Nobody knows what’s been discussed between DC/the club and anyone else involved about the Doris situation before Doris spoke to the chairman.

If he’s getting sent to a consultant regarding the operation Im guessing it’s surely going to be going ahead?

I think they may be surprised with support they would get for funding something like this for a player that gives his all when playing for us. I spoke to a few fans that would happily contribute if funds were required.

Every Lichtie fan Iv spoke to has said they’d happily chip in a tenner to the fund

Got to say he’s been unbelievably unlucky with injuries in his career. His 2 biggest ones being when he got his break at dundee and now when he’s just got himself into great shape & form.

The bottom line is stevie d must stay. Club legend and between the board & fans we need to support him.