The Arbroath Thread

I still believe the club will do the right thing and sort his operation, I just can’t believe they wouldn’t have insurance, Dick clearly loves Doris so I’m sure he will be pushing for it to happen, Just wish the club come out with a statement regarding the matter, that way everyone knows where they stand on the crowd funding, I think it’s a great idea and if some reason they had to pay for it privately I’m sure the fans will more than help, 

On the game I was sure it was Whatley that scored at time, also had a laugh at Dicks interview when he said he thought we could of been 1 or 2 up at halftime 

14 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

I still believe the club will do the right thing and sort his operation, I just can’t believe they wouldn’t have insurance, Dick clearly loves Doris so I’m sure he will be pushing for it to happen, Just wish the club come out with a statement regarding the matter, that way everyone knows where they stand on the crowd funding, I think it’s a great idea and if some reason they had to pay for it privately I’m sure the fans will more than help, 

On the game I was sure it was Whatley that scored at time, also had a laugh at Dicks interview when he said he thought we could of been 1 or 2 up at halftime 

I agree. The Club should clarify the SD situation. A short update on all our injured players , Skelly, Gomes and Doris. That would stop the rumour mill from going into melt down. Both the MacManus and Gomes stories were hugely distorted by terrace talk.

On 11/19/2017 at 08:00, keptie said:

Yet more board bashing with nothing more than rumour and speculation nobody appears to know the facts but the board getting hung out to dry by the usual suspects on here perhaps they should get on the board and give up their time and energy to sort it all out.

Spot on.

Who has actually said that the club are not paying for/helping with the operation for Stevie D??

Is this another made up waffle like Gomesgate??

Please before blethering codswallop get the FACTS first.

IF for arguments sake the club can only pay 50% of  a private op for SD then this should be made public and then the fans can help out but until we hear anything official then it is all hearsay.

The AFC Board last season and this season have been nothing short than superb both on and off the pitch.

C'Mon the Lichties.

Agree, so how do we find out. The board seem to do a great job but maybe should communicate better. Do they, e.g. monitor this forum and know the rumours going around about Doris, Ricky etc. Rumours are damaging to reputation so good communication to the fans is important.

I doubt Steven Doris will be wearing an Arbroath shirt next season if he doesn’t get his operation privately, paid for by whatever means! The waiting list for the NHS will be far too long.

Im on the waiting list at the moment. I dislocated my knee in June, waited 6 weeks on an MRI scan, which showed i had torn my meniscus ligament and as of early september i was placed on a list for an op, which is approx 30 weeks.

Best of luck to SD but i feel his pain, literally.

Looks like Ayr may have given the team lines to a Banks O'Dee official who didn't pass them on to the ref. Can't see them being punted for that.

Daily Record

Ayr United face SFA complaint over Saturday's Scottish Cup tie at Banks O' Dee

The Honest Men have been served with a Notice of Complaint after allegedly submitting their teamsheet late for Saturday's 6-2 win.

Ayr United are set to strongly defend a Notice of Complaint that has been served on them by the SFA after Saturday's Banks O’Dee cup tie.

Cup rules dictate team lines must be submitted to the referee 75 minutes before kick-off. Ayr are accused of missing the deadline but it is believed they will point out they handed over their sheet before the cut-off to a home official.