The Arbroath Thread

Surely they have insurance, I would imagine it’s part of some sort of rules to have it, Wouldn’t think players would risk there jobs and life outside football if there was a risk of been injured and having no insurance to cover,

Onto today’s game thought it was 2 comfortable at times, nice to see a proper striker play, thought he played really well and could of had a 3, Not one failure today, but two things are certain, McCord must play over Swankie and Gold must play where ever he wants 

in any other workplace your employer has liability over any injury that happens in your work environment .stevie d or any player that are employed by afc surely must be covered by the same rules as everybody else regarding employment law

Maybe there is some sort of insurance thing and the club has a choice to either just pay it if its a smaller op or it’ll get the player back/the operation done quicker or go down the insurance route and wait a wee bit longer?

I’m not sure but it’s better to know all the details before posting it on here. Same thing has just happened on here with Gomes a few weeks ago.

Yet more board bashing with nothing more than rumour and speculation nobody appears to know the facts but the board getting hung out to dry by the usual suspects on here perhaps they should get on the board and give up their time and energy to sort it all out.

Stevie d has been a great servant and great player for arbroath, a club legend. If true and we dont pay for his op what is the point

As it stands it’s completely true. I have heard tho that there may be funding from elsewhere. If he doesn’t get the Op paid for I don’t think we will ever see him in a Lichtie shirt again. Fantastic servant for the club

Cruciate ligament injuries, usually ruptured or snapped ligaments, are probably the worst knee injuries to have and take a long time to get over.

The treatment should be available on the NHS but with the stress they are under budget wise the waiting time for an operation is probably quite long. So if the club or Steven Doris do not have  the means to pay for the operation be done privately, which is effectively jumping the queue, then Steven could be out for considerably longer than the rest of this season. The rehabilitation time after the operation shouldn't be rushed as that can lead to problems later in life.

As others have said, you would have thought that the club would have some sort of medical insurance to cover the players for cost of treatment for injuries incurred when playing for the club. Maybe they have some sort of insurance that covers for loss of earnings when players are injured but not the cost of treatment, who knows?

The thing is that it is morally wrong not to, at the very least, help with the cost of an operation for Steven who at all times when he has been with the club has never given less than 100% for the club.

I’m also happy to chip in some money to fund this, but before we do someone gas to ask the board what the situation is so we don’t embarrass them or ourselves. Who wants to do that? I don’t know them but I’m a shareholder and I’m happy to email them if no one has personal contact.

I’m also happy to chip in some money to fund this, but before we do someone gas to ask the board what the situation is so we don’t embarrass them or ourselves. Who wants to do that? I don’t know them but I’m a shareholder and I’m happy to email them if no one has personal contact.

Iv got a board members number I could fire of a text

5 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

No point in crowd funding unless SD is in a maroon Megatech sponsored shirt next season.

I doubt Steven Doris will be wearing an Arbroath shirt next season if he doesn’t get his operation privately, paid for by whatever means! The waiting list for the NHS will be far too long.

Crowd funding is a great idea in theory but if the club do not pay or at least chip in why would stevie d want to play for a club who arent willing to support him through a difficult time. U wont get a single arbroath fan who doesnt rate/appreciate him as a player and servant, imo the club have to act

Let’s just ask the board what they’re doing. I’m sure SD would appreciate the support of the fans and I would be willing to make a contribution whether he’ll play for us or not next season in recognition of what he’s done for the Club. Anyway, it’s obvious that if neither Club nor supporters do anything he’ll leave.