The Arbroath Thread

Thought about it afterwards.

Start of last season there were many many questionable decisions, looking at it in hindsight, but he was clearly trying to find our best team.

The back 4 was often a bit of a mess and Mutch started in goals, after that though, around about the time after the Clyde 3-2 game we started delivering and playing well.

Record in league since then is:

W - 20. D - 12. L - 7.

Plenty of decisions were questioned.

David Gold RB - Huge Success
Bryan Hodge LB - Huge Success
Matty Smyth CM - Success
Skelly out wide - Success
Changing it to 4-3-3 - Success

8a053ab728ac11f3c4c45bc9c752a8f0.jpg

Not just basing it on today but swankie and linn look past it. Both quality players in there day but i dont see what they offer us anymore.

You cannot be serious about Linn? Linn has been very good this season.

Swankie hasn't really offered anything since he joined. Hoping he comes good soon but I wouldn't have him in my starting 11.

You cannot be serious about Linn? Linn has been very good this season.

Swankie hasn't really offered anything since he joined. Hoping he comes good soon but I wouldn't have him in my starting 11.

Maybe a bit harsh on linn. Id have him in my 11 but in a more central role. He's lost a lot of pace in the last year and his final ball has always been terrible

Maybe a bit harsh on linn. Id have him in my 11 but in a more central role. He's lost a lot of pace in the last year and his final ball has always been terrible

Being way too harsh. Lost a bit of his pace but he's still reasonably quick.

As for his final ball being terrible? Really. I think if you were to look at every winger on the planet you'd find that their crosses go to nobody a lot of the time, just got to put it into an area.

Thinking back just a week or two ago though I seem to remember him getting two good assists in the Stranraer game so it can't be that bad.

Bobby has been very good this year after a slow start where he struggled with his hammy.

Definitely agree that Swankie is past it, did absolutely nothing to-day. Certainly missed having a goalscorer to-day as we did have the chances.

Did we? Only remember Denholms effort off the bar and a long ranger the keeper tipped over.

In the first half we missed a sitter at the back post and we also hit the underside of the bar when one of our players was almost standing on the line , in the second half there were several occasions when the ball was flying across their goalmouth and asking to be put away. Perhaps you were blinded by one of the many pillars.

Swankie didn't contribute anything positive today. He seemed to be screaming at goldy to 'just do your f***in job' after goudie pulled him up for not tracking back. He made no effort at all defensively most of the game.

Total speculation, but I wonder if he's really gelling with the team. At one point today he was in acres of space on the edge of the box, Hester was crowded by three players, and Yule ignored Swanks and played it into Kane.

Id like to think we have a gear team spirit, but from what I've seen  he just doesn't look to be fitting in

maybe then its the players around swankie that arent intelligent enough then. dc brought swanks in to team up with doris who know each other inside out but due to injuries etc hasn’t happened

We have a squad full of intelligent players. Can't start blaming the other guys for Swankie not playing his best.

Every one of us knows there's a good player there but it's not come through so far.

Fwiw ToB might be the best I've ever seen defensively and Danny Denholm is another class act, 2 superb signings. Delighted they're here for 2 year.