The Arbroath Thread

strong rumour now that gomez wants to leave he is unhappy not being first choice.

I also heard he was unhappy. A story I heard was to do with the club refusing to pay fir dental work after he had a tooth knocked at Alloa. Disappointed to hear but will always be a huge part of our championship season. Will be missed

at my place of employment my company must have liability cover for any injury that takes place within the work place. surely as an employee of arbroath fc gomes must be covered under the same liability . i dont know has to be some lichtie fans that do know tho

Thought same too when I read it. Surely there's insurance on players that either the club have or they have that allows them to play.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I also heard he was unhappy. A story I heard was to do with the club refusing to pay fir dental work after he had a tooth knocked at Alloa. Disappointed to hear but will always be a huge part of our championship season. Will be missed

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

Why do "fans" spread crap before finding out the truth first?

FACT Arbroath FC DID pay for his damaged teeth.

How on earth can Gomes play if (as per the press) he is still having the effects of concussion/headaches etc??

He might be pissed off losing his place but remember he unluckily got injured against Alloa and lost his place through injury and Hutton has grabbed his chance.

I hope he stays and after he recovers fights for his place with Hutton and great to see Big Rab back as an emergency back up.

Where do some of those spoofs come from blethers.co.uk?

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

I would be very disappointed if Gomes left especially given his contribution to our promotion last season. I.M.O. he is the best keeper we have. Having seen the video of the game in which he was injured I consider the Alloa player should have been sent off for going in with the boot when Gomes was on the ground and almost in possession of the ball.

That is a totally different statement than the other folk blaming the club for not paying for his teeth after his injury (which i can tell you is 100% untrue).

If he is unhappy (and i hope he is not) for not being number 1 then that is up to him to fight for his place back.

But (and i repeat) he seemed to be no 1 at the start of the season but lost his place unfortunately because of a face/head injury and the papers have stated he was still not feeling 100% so how on earth can you risk someone after he suffered some type of concussion??

Hutton has the gloves just now and Gomes will have to wait to get them back.

I repeat i really hope he stays as he is a very good keeper but if he does leave do not blame the Directors or Manager of the Red Lichties with some story that some folk do not know the full facts.

You have to wonder if Gomes got his concussion properly checked out. Surely he shouldn’t have been training all this time if he was still feeling the side effects?As said above, I think Gomes is the best keeper at the club and would be my number 1, but I can’t see that happening any time soon regardless of whether he’s fit to play or not.

That is a totally different statement than the other folk blaming the club for not paying for his teeth after his injury (which i can tell you is 100% untrue).
If he is unhappy (and i hope he is not) for not being number 1 then that is up to him to fight for his place back.
But (and i repeat) he seemed to be no 1 at the start of the season but lost his place unfortunately because of a face/head injury and the papers have stated he was still not feeling 100% so how on earth can you risk someone after he suffered some type of concussion??
Hutton has the gloves just now and Gomes will have to wait to get them back.
I repeat i really hope he stays as he is a very good keeper but if he does leave do not blame the Directors or Manager of the Red Lichties with some story that some folk do not know the full facts.

If you read what I posted i said it was what Iv heard. Not me saying it was gospel.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.
Why do "fans" spread crap before finding out the truth first?
FACT Arbroath FC DID pay for his damaged teeth.
How on earth can Gomes play if (as per the press) he is still having the effects of concussion/headaches etc??
He might be pissed off losing his place but remember he unluckily got injured against Alloa and lost his place through injury and Hutton has grabbed his chance.
I hope he stays and after he recovers fights for his place with Hutton and great to see Big Rab back as an emergency back up.
Where do some of those spoofs come from blethers.co.uk?
C'MON THE RED LICHTIES.

TO many 'old wives' in our support unfortunately.

Gomes got his chance last season after Mutch got injured last season and deserved to finish and start this season as no1, I have no doubt if he didn't get that injury he would still be no1.

I personally hope he stays, I fully believe he will get his chance, but u can't expect just to walk back into a team that's sitting 2nd place and on a decent run. Huttons done ok, yeh he had a shocker against Eastfife and could of been dropped but who knows if Gomes was fit enough to start back then. 

Of course the club paid for his bill, Wouldn't it be covered in some sort of insurance anyway? The board and  the people that run the club get so much shit and abuse it's unbelievable, aren't they all volunteers? I think they do a great job!!