The Arbroath Thread

I don't think Hester has the skillset to play up front on his own so the question becomes who we play alongside him, if he starts?

Can only really be gav, i really hope dick gives hester a run(dont thnk he will) of 2 or 3 games while doris is out. If he does well he's proved himself if not then we know he doesnt have the quality to start.

Im a big fan, reminds me of simon murray a bit, raw but quick hard working and knows where the back of the net is

IIRC we have a squad of 18, and with 4 definitely out, Ricky Little struggling and Bobby Linn also a longer term worry, we may have a bench tomorrow of one fit goalkeeper and one/ two unfit outfielders.

Incredible that we've got to this stage and didn't get the appropriate loan cover in several weeks ago when it was already obvious that we needed a couple of loans in, one defender and one winger/ striker.

I was gonna save my opinions until post match; but regardless of tomorrows game I feel a few things have come to light this week which makes us seem like a bit of a laughing stock to be honest.

We shouldn't be in a situation where we can't play our 'best player' against our local rivals due to a 'gentleman's agreement' and we certainly shouldn't be signing Montrose's fourth choice striker on an emergency loan (and emergency is the correct term here) the day before a very important game against one of our Angus rivals.

I'm not quite sure how we've gone from skudding Ayr away to the position we are in now in less than two weeks, but I am not very happy about the situation and I - wrongly - assumed that the years of being laughed at by our Angus rivals was a thing of the past (in the short term). Unfortunately I fear I may have been wrong.

I stick by my 4-5-1 with ToB up top for tomorrow.