The Arbroath Thread

On 10/09/2017 at 12:38, 1320Lichtie said:

How long will Doris be out for?

Doris gonna be out for three weeks according to DC in the Courier today which is a humongous relief,the injury not as serious as first thought though it didn't say what it was.

Doris gonna be out for three weeks according to DC in the Courier today which is a humongous relief,the injury not as serious as first thought though it didn't say what it was.

Massive relief if true, hope hester gets a run in the team to prove himself until then

Massive relief if true, hope hester gets a run in the team to prove himself until then

Dont count on it. He will probably play Swankie up top on his own with McCord, Linn and Denholm behind him.

And if Swankie gets injured Omar will go on with Denholm or Linn playing as a striker.

Dont count on it. He will probably play Swankie up top on his own with McCord, Linn and Denholm behind him.

And if Swankie gets injured Omar will go on with Denholm or Linn playing as a striker.

I can see him doing this, but Omar instead of Bobby, but it is a relief Doris only out for 3 weeks, looked worse than that on Saturday

Whilst I agree with a lot that's said about Swankie I can't agree that he was exclusively terrible on Saturday.
When we were playing well in the first half I thought he was having a good game, good touch and nice accurate, clever passes.
That said, yes, he wasn't great in the second half..... who was?
He's not a game chaser, I would have hooked him at half time and put on someone with more fight in them.
I also hope Hester gets a chance to prove himself over the next few weeks. It could be a make or break month for him.

Whilst I agree with a lot that's said about Swankie I can't agree that he was exclusively terrible on Saturday.
When we were playing well in the first half I thought he was having a good game, good touch and nice accurate, clever passes.
That said, yes, he wasn't great in the second half..... who was?
He's not a game chaser, I would have hooked him at half time and put on someone with more fight in them.
I also hope Hester gets a chance to prove himself over the next few weeks. It could be a make or break month for him.

I'm a big fan but he was poor. But he shouldn't have been kept on, if he'd been taken off instead of Omar people might not have noticed. Think he's been good in other games though. I'd drop him back a wee bit he's better with the game in front of him, he's been playing in a front 2.

As for Hester I think he's getting a decent chance I don't think DC goes out of his way not to play him anyway. Think Bobby has been good through the middle especially in the games against Alloa and Hibs so not surprised to see him come on Saturday. Also done it throughout his career, mind when he played uptop with Templeman in that EF team....!

As for Doris, fucking Magic he's only out 3 weeks, top man and player and gives his absolute all. One of if not the most important player in our team.

DC made a huge mistake on Saturday when Doris was injured.

He could have easily swapped Doris for Hester and left the side settled. Every player in the same positions before and after the injury. Just Hester up front.

But DC went well out of his way to avoid putting Hester on.

Switching Omar to the left, Denholm upfront, Linn on the right, the whole team dynamic changed. Gold didnt have Omar to support him as Omar was tracking back frequently to help out. Where Linn stood and watched more than tracked.

Denholm doesnt look like he knows what to do up front. He is a winger who likes to create chances and get past players, not waiting on others creating chances for him.

And Omar was less effective on the left than on the right. He had their left back in his back pocket with his runs and
that forced the left winger to track back and help more often. When he swapped him to the other side, their left wing had a field day.

As for Swankie on Saturday. He was good up until the injury. He could have done better afterwards but the whole team was shite after that. And for the most part he has been ok this season. Bit shit, bit good.

50 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

DC made a huge mistake on Saturday when Doris was injured.

He could have easily swapped Doris for Hester and left the side settled. Every player in the same positions before and after the injury. Just Hester up front.

But DC went well out of his way to avoid putting Hester on.

Switching Omar to the left, Denholm upfront, Linn on the right, the whole team dynamic changed. Gold didnt have Omar to support him as Omar was tracking back frequently to help out. Where Linn stood and watched more than tracked.

Denholm doesnt look like he knows what to do up front. He is a winger who likes to create chances and get past players, not waiting on others creating chances for him.

And Omar was less effective on the left than on the right. He had their left back in his back pocket with his runs and
that forced the left winger to track back and help more often. When he swapped him to the other side, their left wing had a field day.

As for Swankie on Saturday. He was good up until the injury. He could have done better afterwards but the whole team was shite after that. And for the most part he has been ok this season. Bit shit, bit good.

Personally I think Dick just doesn't trust Hester and thinks he's a squad player, there have been countless examples of this over the past year.

'He's no' good enough'
Dick Campbell - 13/06/17

To do what... though?

Start every week in league one for a team that's looking to get into the promotion play offs? Probably not

Obviously thinks he's good enough to be a squad player though seeing as he signed him on, which seems fair

To do what... though?

Start every week in league one for a team that's looking to get into the promotion play offs? Probably not

Obviously thinks he's good enough to be a squad player though seeing as he signed him on, which seems fair

Aye but there comes a time when you need to use your squad players. Such as injuries and suspensions.

Right now i can see Swankie being first choice. Hester would be second but DC probably has him closer to 4th behind Linn and Denholm.

And DC offering him a new contract doesnt mean that much.