The Arbroath Thread

most of our players have played 3 games in 6 days what really do you expect . the biggest let down was hester sorry lads but he has foumd his level had his chance today to impress dc but fell way short

Played well against the second best team in the country when he came on and caused them a lot of problems but after playing 3 games in 6 days we should bin him because he didn't play great yesterday. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I certainly don't think Hester is the finished article but he offers something different to our other strikers and could be useful as the season progresses.

2 minutes ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

I have learned that after one full season, DC won the biggest club in Angus the league... 

Very true but your title was in fact made very much in Brechin DC & IC ( the arse), John Young, John Ritchie all have managed  Brechin, no bad for the village side who continue to out shine the biggest club in Angus;) 

22 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Very true but your title was in fact made very much in Brechin DC & IC ( the arse), John Young, John Ritchie all have managed  Brechin, no bad for the village side who continue to out shine the biggest club in Angus;) 

They had to serve their apprenticeship somewhere, before getting their biggest club after all ;)

Some people going OTT about Kane surely? One bad game against a junior side and he's not up to it? He played well v Aberdeen and Bolton so why not take the positives from that instead of the negatives from yesterday.

When are Whatley and McCord back? Not too worried about Whatley you'd imagine he'll return as fit as usual but McCord is a bit of a worry. Was hoping he'd get a really good pre season under him this year.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Some people going OTT about Kane surely? One bad game against a junior side and he's not up to it? He played well v Aberdeen and Bolton so why not take the positives from that instead of the negatives from yesterday.

When are Whatley and McCord back? Not too worried about Whatley you'd imagine he'll return as fit as usual but McCord is a bit of a worry. Was hoping he'd get a really good pre season under him this year.

A bit of a hard neck coming from me, but am not sure there is a long enough pre-season for McCord

A bit of a hard neck coming from me, but am not sure there is a long enough pre-season for McCord

Him and Doris last year were in poor shape in my opinion. Took them a good while to really start making a proper impression, got away with it a wee bit as they're both very good players.

Doris seems to be in great shape now, changed his body type a wee bit too. More powerful player now, still got a bit of pace about him too. His hold up play towards the end of last year was absolutely superb.

McCord will need to make sure he gets fit because plenty of competition in the team now.

For tomorrow I think it'll probably be

Gomes

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

Linn
Yule
Henry
Denholm

Skelly
Doris

How many players do we have signed? 18?

Pace, finishing, positioning and awareness would be his best attributes for me.

I'd certainly agree on the pace and finishing part (although he did miss a sitter against Dundee) but I feel he struggles to read the game and still has a bit of naivety to his game.

If McCord is back for tomorrow (I'm fairly sure him and Whatley are, but Swanks and Denholm are both away) then he needs to start. You only get match fit by playing games of football, so if he doesn't start in all of the league cup games he'll never actually get proper match fit unless we carry him for the first 3/4 games of the league season. It's the same with Whatley, although he's a fit guy there's a big difference between natural fitness and match fitness/ sharpness.