The Arbroath Thread

First of all Dundee look terrible, Aberdeen are miles ahead of them,

We looked great In first half, loads of positive to take and still a few boys to come back, but think it showed when few defenders went off injured it showed how short we are in that positions, suppose had to give Dundee a chance tho 

Agree with everything said

Can't really moan too much at the trialists cause they're really helping us out but once they came on Dundee deservedly got their 2 goals although we still could've won it. Said all day to my dad that if Kane gets a chance he'll score then he fluffed that one haha

Nail on the head with these posts.

Henry was lucky to stay on with his challenge. It was right in front of me and looked awful. In a competitive game he'd have walked. What was up O'Dea's arse!?

Yule looks fantastic on the ball, and that's been against top flight sides. More than held his own up against Scott Allan second half.

Better shift from Swankie today. Doris excellent again. Good work from Hester too.

If I'm a Dundee fan, I'm VERY worried.

See ye's next season! 

Nail on the head with these posts.
Henry was lucky to stay on with his challenge. It was right in front of me and looked awful. In a competitive game he'd have walked. What was up O'Dea's arse!?
Yule looks fantastic on the ball, and that's been against top flight sides. More than held his own up against Scott Allan second half.
Better shift from Swankie today. Doris excellent again. Good work from Hester too.
If I'm a Dundee fan, I'm VERY worried.
See ye's next season! 

Dundee player rolled at least 3 more times than necessary so yellow was fine for me.

Another good team display against a premier league side although Dundee didn't look anywhere as good as Aberdeen did. If that was the core of Dundee's first team, come Christmas time Neil McCann might be wishing he'd kept his TV job.

I thought the whole team played well, after just a day's rest, against another full time team. Agree with other comments regarding best players for us. Thought Dundee were quite lucky to end the game with 11 players on the park. 

Looking forward to Tuesday night, hope we get another big crowd.

doris & swankie looked good today glimpses some great play together at times . agree regarding dundee they are no where near the quality of aberdeen. doris totally bullied o dea and he coudnt handle he should of got a red for raising his hands

Good day out to Arbroath. Arbroaths sub keeper pulled off a class save. Big boy Doris? Up front decent. If he was a bit lighter think he would be better? Skelly caught ball watching loads of times. Think a draw would've been a fair result. All best to Arbroath for the new season. Oh ref and linesman where rank

doris & swankie looked good today glimpses some great play together at times . agree regarding dundee they are no where near the quality of aberdeen. doris totally bullied o dea and he coudnt handle he should of got a red for raising his hands

O'Dea kicked him in the arse in that incident in the first half. Ball miles away and just booted his arse. [emoji23]

Raging cause Doris had been giving him his denner for the first half hour.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:30, 1320Lichtie said:

If Swankie, Little, Hamilton, Whatley, Doris, Linn all played in the same starting 11 how many appearances for us would that be combined.

LeicesterLichtie one for you?

League, cup & total.

Stevie Doris 150(14) 67, 23(1) 3, 173(15) 70.

Colin Hamilton 104 4, 14 3, 118 7.

Bobby Linn 141 35, 23(2) 4, 164(2) 39.

Ricky Little 98(4) 5, 18(1) 1, 116(5) 6.

Gavin Swankie 151(35) 48, 12(3) 0, 163(38) 48.

Mark Whatley 104(1) 5, 19(1) 1, 123(2) 6.

Grand total: 748(54) 164, 109(8) 12, 857(62) 176

Doris, & Swankie could enter top 20 post war league appearances for Arbroath during the course of the season.

Doris in 5th, Swankie in 11th & Linn in 22nd= post war Arbroath league goal scorer list.