The Arbroath Thread

Ayr United looking decent early on some big signings. Raith will be decent. Few other teams making some impressive signings...

Going to be a big step up this season, hope we bring in some good quality.... if we actually plan on signing anybody up that is.

Think news from ourselves and Forfar are the only two clubs I've not yet heard or seen anything on.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ayr United looking decent early on some big signings. Raith will be decent. Few other teams making some impressive signings...

Going to be a big step up this season, hope we bring in some good quality.... if we actually plan on signing anybody up that is.

Think news from ourselves and Forfar are the only two clubs I've not yet heard or seen anything on.

What's the story with TOB, Arbroath getting him or not?

A solid 5th/ 6th place finish this season would be fine for me, if we were in with a chance of promotion play offs that would be superb. At these early stages it looks like Ayr, Raith, Airdrie and Alloa will be the favorites to grab the top 4 places, with any of the other 6 having a chance of pushing for a play off space ahead of the 4 mentioned, aside from maybe Albion Rovers. We saw this year that having some very good individual players and a good squad on paper doesn't mean things will be easy; Peterhead had a squad that should have been challenging the top 4 this year but ended up relegated. We definitely cant get too ahead of ourselves, regardless of who stays/ who signs.

The main thing is that we gradually build and improve the team/ squad, and put ourselves in a position where maybe a year or two down the line we can aim to properly challenge right up the top end. From what Dick has said, while he's ambitious and will want to push into the top 4, he feels that as long as we're continually improving the squad we will get there and I think that's a good attitude to have.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.....

Arbroath have offered him a deal but think he will wait from something better

If he gets anything better at PT... also got the decision of whether to go FT or not...

Understandably weighing up his options I'm guessing must be a tough spot to be in

If he gets anything better at PT... also got the decision of whether to go FT or not...

Understandably weighing up his options I'm guessing must be a tough spot to be in

Heard Arbroath offered Denholm deal as well but he just got new job so is thinking about his options.

Think he will stay at Forfar tho tbh

really mate in these modern times you can study online to get your degree as armstrong is doing at celtic for his lawyers degree

Studying to be a lawyer is different to studying to become an architect though. Fairly sure architecture training involves on site vists etc (in fact I'm sure of that as he's visited a site my friend works on) which he obviously wouldn't be able to do if he was training full time. IIRC he also gave an interview just after he signed where he said that now he was part time he could concentrate on his degree.