The Arbroath Thread

10 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I'd keep all of those but Hodge is away to Dubai I'm afraid.

Is he going full time to Dubai? I know his girlfriend is based there and he has just gone on holiday there, but not aware that he was relocating there.

See Dylan Bikey has been released from Hearts.
Would he be a good option for a new striker in the squad? I knew of his scoring record at Stirling but had anyone seen him play much to judge if he was a good player?

Pretty sure we'd have to pay his previous club in France £40k or something!! Sure he's away back home to France anyway!

27 minutes ago, Lichtie95 said:

Pretty sure we'd have to pay his previous club in France £40k or something!! Sure he's away back home to France anyway!

He has decided to return to France. Think he would have done a good job for you, he needed more service than we were able to give him.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 15:37, JoseMarooniho said:

Full time aye? The operating loss running a part time set up in the year to May 2016 was £75k.

This is why it will never happen

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Was after him last season too but chose L1 instead. Good player.

It's been a while since he played for Cowden. Great CH and very good in the air. Would take him back at Cowden anytime.

(didn't like the Pikey, which endears him even more)  if he isn't carrying any injuries, a great signing for Arbroath.

Would take Hill but probably not in addition to O'Brien, don't think we need two CBs.

Can only really see Ayr and Stranraer signing players, would imagine we will be well into June before we get announcements, last year we had to put together nearly a whole new team whereas we only really need 3 or 4 this year. Can't see anyone worthwhile leaving from last season's group.

"I’m already planning for next season right now, today! My beliefs are very simple; I’ve had four championships and four promotions and anybody we sign in the summer has got to be better than what we’ve got. No question. That’s a natural progression. Everybody’s got a part to play."

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/campbell-lands-201617-award/#MT2RzF83xtIJ74fq.99

11 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Would take Hill but probably not in addition to O'Brien, don't think we need two CBs.

Can only really see Ayr and Stranraer signing players, would imagine we will be well into June before we get announcements, last year we had to put together nearly a whole new team whereas we only really need 3 or 4 this year. Can't see anyone worthwhile leaving from last season's group.

TOB is wasted at CB, great midfielder. Scored many important goals for Cowden.