The Arbroath Thread

I understand why John isn't popular and it's rare to hear players speaking highly of the club once they have left which I believe is mostly his fault, but it's fair to point out he presided over the club at a time where a lot of other clubs financially fucked themselves and I'm grateful for the financially prudent approach. 

Itll be interesting to see who can come in and see if they have some fresh and progressive ideas for the club. 

Edited by Mexico

I understand why John isn't popular and it's rare to hear players speaking highly of the club once they have left which I believe is mostly his fault, but it's fair to point out he presided over the club at a time where a lot of other clubs financially fucked themselves and I'm grateful for the financially prudent approach.    Itll be interesting to see who can come in and see if they have some fresh and progressive ideas for the club. 

Has it really affected us though? I mean other than Lumsdens shambolic effort and the year we finished bottom have we finished below the top 4 in this league once in the last 20 year?! Don't think we have. Could be wrong.

He's also been here when we've won our only ever title and had numerous promotions, a couple of seasons in the 2nd tier too.

When you're at the top you've got to make difficult decisions that'll upset some people.

Like you have said yourself, we've been extremely well run whilst he's been here. Gave us a stable club to support. Don't need to look to far in this country to see clubs that have gone under or been in serious financial trouble.

Spoken to the guy a few times. Been a very pleasant guy and passionate about the club on every occasion. He's just an old Arbroath fan at the end of the day.

If you don't like him or you're not a fan then fair enough, but to start saying things like 'f**k off' to the guy, on an anonymous football message board, that gets read by the people at the club is extremely disrespectful in my opinion considering all the work he's done for the club, longest serving chairman in the country. Be better off keeping it to yourself.

Mental that these kinds of comments are coming when we're one single win away from winning our 2nd league title whilst he's been here, what would be the 2nd title in the 139 year history of the club. Surely it can't bother anyone that much...?!?!

Anyway I agree. I personally wish Christison all the best for the future and say thanks for his efforts at Arbroath FC and I hope whoever comes in can keep on progressing the club in a positive manner.

This season has been a massive improvement in every department, the social media stuff, the website, the highlights, the community stuff, Bri Cargill etc etc etc. It's been great and next week could potentially top it all off.

Cmon the Lichties. [emoji1145]

49 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

f**k off Christison.

Top of the league

Whilst I agree he's not been perfect, he still has more championships than any other AFC chairman in history. Hopefully next Saturday will be the icing on the cake.

We're still solvent. We still own our own ground. Unlike some, we've not been stuck in the bottom division for years. Personally, I think he can be considered to have been a a success.

Enjoy your retirement John. 

f**k off Christison.

Top of the league

Christison will show more class and be much more dignified than you, of course this barrage of criticism reveals much more about you than anything else, so hopefully in the cold light of the morning, with a clear head, you will be a little embarrassed by your last couple of posts, come on, we are top of the league

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Steven Doris deservedly got the supporters club player of the year. He really has been terrific for us since coming back to the club. David Gold the young player of the year as well

Deservedly really, thought Hammy would have had more than a shout, just a thought

5 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

well his own team mates must of thought the same as the majority of lichtie fans

My point is simply, Hammy has been consistently good all season, Stevie had a slow start to the season, but has been wonderful since the turn of the year