The Arbroath Thread

A special mention to stevie d is required, he was a shadow of his former self at the start if the season but the last 6 months he has been nothing less than exceptional. He must have lost the best part of 2 stone over the course of the season and it shows. 1st to everything, bullies defenders, strong, quick, chases everything and can finish. Just a pity he's never really had a proper strike partner this season. Get him signed up!

Oh and ps jimmy d is a top guy!

A special mention to stevie d is required, he was a shadow of his former self at the start if the season but the last 6 months he has been nothing less than exceptional. He must have lost the best part of 2 stone over the course of the season and it shows. 1st to everything, bullies defenders, strong, quick, chases everything and can finish. Just a pity he's never really had a proper strike partner this season. Get him signed up!

Oh and ps jimmy d is a top guy!

For him to be in the condition he was at the start of the season was not acceptable, but do agree since his physical condition improved he has been superb

I'd like to thank everyone at the club and in the stands for the hospitality they showed us when we came to visit Gayfield for the match v. Edinburgh City last week. Was a pleasure meeting some of you, divvying out the stroopwafels, and the overall experience was unforgettable (hot damn those steak & black pudding pies, were those made locally?).

Raided the club store at half time and snagged both the home and away tops for this season. I've done a little write-up on them and the day itself on my design blog, do give it a read fi you've got time;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/arbroath-fc-20162017-home-away-shirts/

58fdcf8a47f24_arbroath1.jpg.b23c66e93b86d74dde191d9bfac82057.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone at the club and in the stands for the hospitality they showed us when we came to visit Gayfield for the match v. Edinburgh City last week. Was a pleasure meeting some of you, divvying out the stroopwafels, and the overall experience was unforgettable (hot damn those steak & black pudding pies, were those made locally?).
Raided the club store at half time and snagged both the home and away tops for this season. I've done a little write-up on them and the day itself on my design blog, do give it a read fi you've got time;
https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/arbroath-fc-20162017-home-away-shirts/
58fdcf8a47f24_arbroath1.jpg.b23c66e93b86d74dde191d9bfac82057.jpg

Glad you enjoyed your day. Sorry we were so shit

McCords interview... what a good guy.

Really hope we can keep him, Little, Hammy and Doris, Whatley and Linn for as long as possible. The last 5 have basically become Arbroath with the amount of games they've played for us.

A real favourite McCord and hope to see him signed up. Came 2nd in my POTY list after Hammy but tough to call, harsh considering he's now got 10 goals from the midfield.

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Really hope we can keep him, Little, Hammy and Doris, Whatley and Linn for as long as possible. The last 5 have basically become Arbroath with the amount of games they've played for us.

A real favourite McCord and hope to see him signed up. Came 2nd in my POTY list after Hammy but tough to call, harsh considering he's now got 10 goals from the midfield.

Great interview and I agree, lets sign up these guys and Gold ASAP.

Can some give me the words to the McCord song please. 

Edited by lichtie36nilhello

Great interview and I agree, lets sign up these guys and Gold ASAP.
Can some give me the words to the McCord song please. 

We've got McCord Ryan McCord I just don't think you understand

A fat (just jesting) ginger man he's better than Zidane

We've got Ryan McCord

Lichties! 

You have 2 hours left to vote for your Goal / Player / Young Player of the Season as voting closes at midnight.

Please just tell us your;

Player off the Year
Young Player of the Year
Goal of the Season

Supporters can submit their votes by email briancargill50@gmail.com or 36niltv@gmail.com or text 07793070168 for any of the above awards.

Please include your name, address and contact number as there will be prizes for one of the fans who chooses the winning Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year and also Goal of the Season.

Goal A – Josh Skelly – Elgin City vs Arbroath – 20th August 2016
Goal B – Omar Kader – Stirling Albion vs Arbroath – 19th November 2016
Goal C – Steven Doris – Arbroath vs Elgin City – 17th December 2016
Goal D – Ryan McCord – Montrose vs Arbroath – 11th February 2017
Goal E – Omar Kader – Montrose vs Arbroath – 11th February 2017
Goal F – Mark Whatley – Arbroath vs Clyde – 11th March 2017
Goal G – Martin Scott – Berwick Rangers vs Arbroath – 18th March 2017
Goal H – Ryan McCord – Forfar Athletic vs Arbroath – 8th April 2017

All the above goals can be seen on our 36NilTV Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUloXhth2Kk

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was at that it was me who told him about us in the game v QOS when Alloa stayed up:lol: as you say he comes across as a decent guy.

I was watching a replay of Sunday's el Classico and thought I could hear something familiar being chanted by the Madrid fans.

So by tweaking the volume on my smart tv and then with the power of Google Translate, I realised that they are singing this:

"We've got Zidane, Zinedin Zidane, I don't think you understand. He comes from abroad, he's better than McCord. We've got Zinedin Zidane"

Now I have to say that I'm a big fan of our pitch, it's in great condition for most of the year and in pre season it can look majestic. See pre Dundee United game..

However having just heard about Montrose and their community initiative wondering what people's views on a 4G surface would be?

Obviously would cost a lot of money but imagine a lot could be made off it too.

I'm personally in favour of grass.

Now I have to say that I'm a big fan of our pitch, it's in great condition for most of the year and in pre season it can look majestic. See pre Dundee United game..

However having just heard about Montrose and their community initiative wondering what people's views on a 4G surface would be?

Isn't there a couple of artifical pitches in Arbroath already? The reason Montrose are able to hire out Links Park so much is because there's no other artificial pitches in the town, and there's not really anywhere to play on grass when it's dark either.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Unless it was going to make a huge income having a 4G pitch, keeping in mind it has to be replaced every ten years or so. That aside the bounce on these types pitch, and the injuries that occur too. 

Grass is my preferred option all considered.

Isn't there a couple of artifical pitches in Arbroath already? The reason Montrose are able to hire out Links Park so much is because there's no other artificial pitches in the town, and there's not really anywhere to play on grass when it's dark either.

There's only one believe it or not and it's more like a sand pitch, genuinely takes your skin off doing a wee slide. It's absolutely awful and maybe 10-15 years old.

Same rules apply to Arbroath. We could only get the above pitch one night a week for an hour when I played and the other nights training consisted of running around a dark field.