The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stenny in higher league and closer to home...

Donald is from Campbeltown but stays in Glasgow at the moment I'm sure so the hour and half up to Arbroath won't be that bad for him. Depends if he wants to play in a team that's struggling or one that could potentially win the league, IMO (at least, that's how I would look at it).

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Is this the young striker?

He's 20, so yes.

Asking to leave to go to specifically go to a club and not going would be shite behaviour tbf.

Yeah because someone like......say Bryan Hodge, would never do something like that eh? Come on, these guys are looking out for themselves (we all do I suppose). He wants to play football, rather than travel all that way to sit on the bench, but he's not going to volunteer to leave Peterhead without anywhere to go, so he's fixed something up, that's common sense to me and something that happens all the time in football. As for picking Cowdenbeath over Arbroath....that's a total heads gone, but as has been suggested, maybe the deal was already done and he didn't want to go back on his word or maybe it's more convenient to where he lives/works and makes more sense for him to do.

Apparently, Hodge can play LB, according to Dick. Anyone have more info on this?

Hodge filled in at Left Back for us a couple of times but was totally exposed by his lack of pace. Sure, he'll do as a stop gap but I wouldn't suggest it would be a good idea long term.

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Sounds like just the boy we need playing against robust CB's like Berwick and Clyde have.

How's he looked for you boys anyway? Seen much of him?

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

26 (4 starts) games in the championship, I'm sure he'll cope

He was always a good impact player from the bench for us, he would come on and buzz around knackered defenders and grabbed himself a few goals.  Last season we were struggling for injuries and he was given a run in the team. After a really bright start he tailed off and it was evident that he's nowhere near strong enough to handle Championship level defenders. In my opinion he should've been loaned out to this level two years ago but as it is he sat in our U20s and our bench doing pretty much nothing. He's a really direct wee player, he'll look to get past players and he'll look to shoot when the opportunity presents itself, but there's no doubt that his strength, positioning and composure need some work.

He was always a good impact player from the bench for us, he would come on and buzz around knackered defenders and grabbed himself a few goals.  Last season we were struggling for injuries and he was given a run in the team. After a really bright start he tailed off and it was evident that he's nowhere near strong enough to handle Championship level defenders. In my opinion he should've been loaned out to this level two years ago but as it is he sat in our U20s and our bench doing pretty much nothing. He's a really direct wee player, he'll look to get past players and he'll look to shoot when the opportunity presents itself, but there's no doubt that his strength, positioning and composure need some work.

Sounds a hell of a lot like Kane Hester who we have just shipped off to Montrose Roselea on loan

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Sounds a hell of a lot like Kane Hester who we have just shipped off to Montrose Roselea on loan

I have no idea who that is but I suspect Donald will be a bit better than him.  I was trying to find some of his goals but the only one I can find is this one from a pre-season friendly against Clydebank.

Confirmation that his loans not extended but DC saying in tully he will try get him back, McKinnon appears to be assessing his squad just now to see what happens. If Donaldson stays and nobody wants him then I think Sukar will end up back here. 2 centre halves in training trying to get a deal before the end of the week according to the tully.