The Arbroath Thread

Never really understood why some seem to think Philips was Roberto Carlos. He was always a back up, Sukur is a far better defender.
We need a centre back in now, no cover at all if any of the back four get injured or suspended. Ricky and Sukur have both had 2 reds each so far.

Preferred him over Sukar tbf but you're right, think people just liked him including myself because he was decent going forward whereas Sukar isn't.

Fearns from stirling set to sign for Arbroath

Hodge and now Ferns (allegedly)......and to think I put a decent sum of money on Arbroath to win the league [emoji22]

I wouldn't wish Ferns on anyone, surprised he's getting another deal in the senior leagues.

5 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Hodge and now Ferns (allegedly)......and to think I put a decent sum of money on Arbroath to win the league emoji22.png

I wouldn't wish Ferns on anyone, surprised he's getting another deal in the senior leagues.

I know Hodge from his time with us . I thought he was ok. Saw Ferns in action against us at the start of the season in the League Cup section game at the Glebe and thought he was quite lively in that game . Maybe a bit different seeing him every week. Dick Campbell has a habit of getting the most out of certain players so it may turn out a good move for all.

Hodge and now Ferns (allegedly)......and to think I put a decent sum of money on Arbroath to win the league [emoji22]

He might play better when he doesn't have the fear of Binos123sam waiting for him in the car park after each game, tbf.

He might play better when he doesn't have the fear of Binos123sam waiting for him in the car park after each game, tbf.

Haha, fair point [emoji23]

Ferns was very good at Alloa

Ferns was brilliant at Alloa

Did he play there twice? When he signed for us, Alloa fans (and Albion Rovers fans) were quick to point out he was brilliant when he signed for the club, then hopeless then after.......guess what happened at Stirling??

In all honesty, I really hope Ferns does do well somewhere because when the guy is on fire, there are few better in the league, and I mean that, but his attitude is rotten, which is why I wouldn't wish him on anyone. If Campbell can get him to screw the nut and is the man to get that out of him, then brilliant but i'm just warning you, he has the (high) potential to be a passenger.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ferns was very good at Alloa

I will welcome him with open arms

Look forward to him running rings around old wrighty

He wasn't "very good at Alloa". He is extremely fast so would often be thrown on from the bench to see if he could do something against tiring defences. He scored a beauty when we pumped Falkirk 3-0 and helped turn the game the night we beat Rangers - and for those contributions he had a cult status - but invariably he came on and didn't do much at all. He only lasted so long at Alloa (IMO) because we had a high turnover of managers and the incoming ones would give him a new deal before seeing he wasn't up to much. Ultimately he is very fast but pretty limited. That's not to say he can't offer something if used properly, but don't expect too much.