Wishaw 3 LANARK 2

bc57

My first trip to Wishaw. Very nice set up.

Feared the worst when we went 1 down inside the first minute but we soon equalised through Ryan O'Donnell following an excellent first touch and then quickly followed that up with another to go 1-2 up inside 15 minutes.

Both teams had their chances. Wishaw keeper pulled off 2 excellent saves in first half. Lanark looked like they would concede every time the ball was in the air in our penalty box. Alan Murdoch's return from suspension next week will be most welcome.

Wishaw made a change at half time bringing on a 'stocky' striker. Never judge a book by its' cover as he scored twice mid way through the second half. Lanark failed to build on their promising first half and did not use the pace that we had up front. We barely created a chance in the second half although almost snatched an equaliser right at the death. Our usual failing - we can't defend a lead and don't seem able to grind out results.

Good place to watch a game although I must learn not to buy my pie when I go in to games as it was lukewarm today.

The chunky one can play a bit, saw him Wednesday.

Indeed he can. Clearly has to have something to get away with that physique at this level. 2 goals in one half is a good return.

Yes he changed the game. Chris Faulds is his name and its his second spell at Wishaw. We missed Kennedy and Daly today and Thomsons pace. Good entertaining match and good 3 points for Wishy.

One down side was the poor show from the Lanark committee man asked to run the line. He was on his phone and and not watching and then blatantly cheating to assist his team. Then decided to gesture to the Wishaw crowd then hid behind his pals when challenged on his gesture. Idiot of a man.

Feared the worst when we went 1 down inside the first minute but we soon equalised through Ryan O'Donnell following an excellent first touch and then quickly followed that up with another to go 1-2 up inside 15 minutes.

Both teams had their chances. Wishaw keeper pulled off 2 excellent saves in first half. Lanark looked like they would concede every time the ball was in the air in our penalty box. Alan Murdoch's return from suspension next week will be most welcome.

Wishaw made a change at half time bringing on a 'stocky' striker. Never judge a book by its' cover as he scored twice mid way through the second half. Lanark failed to build on their promising first half and did not use the pace that we had up front. We barely created a chance in the second half although almost snatched an equaliser right at the death. Our usual failing - we can't defend a lead and don't seem able to grind out results.

Good place to watch a game although I must learn not to buy my pie when I go in to games as it was lukewarm today.

Fair assessment of the game, thought Lanark were worth a draw over the 90. At least your description of the WIshaw sub is more flattering than the Lanark dugouts description of the player. When he scored twice to win the game it made them look like.....well I'll use the word, twats.

Yes he changed the game. Chris Faulds is his name and its his second spell at Wishaw. We missed Kennedy and Daly today and Thomsons pace. Good entertaining match and good 3 points for Wishy.

One down side was the poor show from the Lanark committee man asked to run the line. He was on his phone and and not watching and then blatantly cheating to assist his team. Then decided to gesture to the Wishaw crowd then hid behind his pals when challenged on his gesture. Idiot of a man.

I saw the incident and it was not good. Should not be using the phone to tweet when running the line.

FOODFOODFOOD

give them a chance to heat them great grub at Wishy

Whit yi like ppfftt

FOODFOODFOOD

give them a chance to heat them great grub at Wishy

Whit yi like ppfftt

I know, I know! It is the Pie and Bovril website however so I feel I should be doing my culinary bit on what I have consumed as well as my observations on what I have seen.

Probably know more about the former rather than the latter!

Archived