Brechin v Peterhead

No interest in this yet? Well it's not a case of return of the Mac, as Mcallister got himself sent off last week.

How are Brechin playing this season? Any injuries or suspensions? I'll be witnessing the glory of the hedge for the first time tomorrow, any advice on decent pubs nearby would be appreciated.

Prediction? 2-2

Minor point for the traveling fans there will be 'traffic chaos' in Brechin tomorrow as this weekend is the Brechin Music Festival. Some of the usual places to abandon your cars will be taken up by overspill from the festival. Clerk Street will also be shut to cars.

Anyone want to speak fitba ???? Ha ha ...Another hard game by all account s we played well enough last week , so be good to keep our little out beaten run going ....Hard game though as Peterheed were well organised and in our faces from the start in the Petro Cup ....Looking for a lot more from our attacking players well a goal at least ha ha ... Games between these teams have always produced goals so I'll say a hard earned 2 2

T

Another technical managerial blunder...reasonable to ask questions

Thought we played well , every player doin well , Jacko and Thommo up front were battered to bits but both kept goin , Should ve had game wrapped up by halftime and on another day we d ve had 6 , did nt think we d to take off Barr he was playing with confidence and having a lot o luck up both wings ! ( not always the best finish though ). I felt once he came off we lost momentum although Peterhead were always gonna have a chance at 1 0.,,,,

Happy with performance but strikers gonna have to start scoring goals soon.....

TThought we played well , every player doin well , Jacko and Thommo up front were battered to bits but both kept goin , Should ve had game wrapped up by halftime and on another day we d ve had 6 , did nt think we d to take off Barr he was playing with confidence and having a lot o luck up both wings ! ( not always the best finish though ). I felt once he came off we lost momentum although Peterhead were always gonna have a chance at 1 0.,,,,

Happy with performance but strikers gonna have to start scoring goals soon.....

I agree. decent performance but strikers could nae score again!!

Some players had excellent firs thalves but then drifted in the second (Tapping particularly) and although we looked comfortable for much of the game we were alwasy at risk of conceeding at thats what happened.

Final ball is still poor and on right side we look light, no sure where Molloy was throughout the game. Jackson had the chance to get his luck turned but took a poor penalty.

Thats 4 ponts dropped at the death of our last two games; enough to have put us on top.

Fine margins indeed.

I agree. decent performance but strikers could nae score again!!

Some players had excellent firs thalves but then drifted in the second (Tapping particularly) and although we looked comfortable for much of the game we were alwasy at risk of conceeding at thats what happened.

Final ball is still poor and on right side we look light, no sure where Molloy was throughout the game. Jackson had the chance to get his luck turned but took a poor penalty.

Thats 4 ponts dropped at the death of our last two games; enough to have put us on top.

Fine margins indeed.

I know Jacko and Thomson worked their arses off , I thought Molloy played well enough as did Cameron ! When him n Barr went off I thought our standard dropped although Peterheed were always gonna get a few chances...

Thought we were very poor today & did not think Brechin were much better. Until changes were made with substitions for us we gave Brechin much more time on the ball. An away point on the board but we made awful hard work of it.

You certainly were not the team we played in the cup. However I think we were certainly much better in the first but could nae find the net. We dropped off a bit in the second but were still playing ok and better than you lot. The last ten or so you started coming intoit as we (wrongly) started crusing - perhaps we were culpable of this prior to the last part.

That said we have played six competitive games scored - 6 with one being from a striker. This I fear will be an ongoing problem. Chances are being created (not as many as I'd like) but we are not taking them.

Another technical managerial blunder...reasonable to ask questions

What managerial blunder did you think he made? I was highly critical of McKinnons tactics against Stranraer which came back to bite him in the arse but can't think off the top of my head of any wrong decisions he made yesterday. We looked fine until we switched off for the equaliser.

We probably shaded it but can't really grumble at a draw. Thought Barr got himself into good positions and looked dangerous but really needs to be testing the keeper more often. Jacko seems to be a bit off the boil, compounded by his penalty miss. Thomson got himself about and will score goals if given the right service, which he's not getting. Could have really done with signing a 3rd striker to keep the likes of Jacko on his toes.

Frustrating to drop another couple of points so late in the game but if you were offered to be unbeaten after 4 games you'd have bitten their hand off.

How's Mark Millar playing?

Has only played a couple times as picked up a knock. To be honest have been very disappointed so far. Maybe not fully up to speed but seems unwilling to put himself about as expected & has been giving the ball away quite a lot. There have been little flashes of quality but not what I would expect from a player trying to get himself a deal at a higher level. Hopefully we see better from him in the coming weeks.

Has only played a couple times as picked up a knock. To be honest have been very disappointed so far. Maybe not fully up to speed but seems unwilling to put himself about as expected & has been giving the ball away quite a lot. There have been little flashes of quality but not what I would expect from a player trying to get himself a deal at a higher level. Hopefully we see better from him in the coming weeks.

Definitely an asset at Balmoor !! 8)

Archived