Pathetic Claims to Fame

Used to have to fly to London a couple of times a week with work - as I mentioned in the thread about him, sat next to Richard Attenborough and got talking. Made him laugh when we hit bad turbulence and I told him:

"Course, you realise if this thing goes down, it's gonna ALL be about you..."

Another time was sat next to Midge Ure

.tumblr_mf6ucensge1rbxqza.gif

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Phoenix

I let Artur Numan swap seats with me on a flight to London once, because he wanted to look out of the window.

He was probably trying to jump out. :P

Tommy the drummer from wet wet wet was infront of me in a queue in Argos, seemed quite humble till the show off bassa bought the latest Dyson.

Also at a funeral and the big fat guy out of river city was at it, he was even signing autographs for all his mourning fans.

My father lent his dictaphone to rugby player Gordon Brown for his autobiography.

My mates dad caddied for Sam Torrance.

My mate (who posts on here) had the BBC use his sound equipment for scenes in Waterloo Road.

My aunt's friend has a great great Grandfather who was an original partner in the Coca Cola Company.

I once worked with a guy who lived with a bird whose cousin was former Dundee midfielder Albert Craig.

Davie Cooper of Rangers and Motherwell once told me to f**k off.

Stephen Thomson of St. Mirren called me a c**t.

Former East Fife, Meadowbank, Forfar etc player Brian McNaughton was behind the counter in the Stirling Post Office earlier. I bought 2 stamps.

I am apparently Billy Connolly's Second Cousin first removed. I say apparently as i dont believe it, but my family insist that it is true.

When i worked as a debt collector i phoned a customers mobile number on the electoral register and a kinda posh bloke answered. I was looking to speak to a Mr Patel but the bloke said he didnt know anyone by that name, so I apologised and asked for his name, which he said was a Mr Jenson Button.

Glen Michael's gave me a Christmas present in a Clydebank snooker club when I was three or four years old. He was the booked celeb guest for ther member's kids' Christmas party. He also read out my birthday card that my sisters made for me once.

When i worked as a debt collector i phoned a customers mobile number on the electoral register and a kinda posh bloke answered. I was looking to speak to a Mr Patel but the bloke said he didnt know anyone by that name, so I apologised and asked for his name, which he said was a Mr Jenson Button.

When I worked as a debt tracer, I had to track down Craig Burley's wife, who had moved house but neglected to tell her credit card provider.

My father lent his dictaphone to rugby player Gordon Brown for his autobiography.

My mates dad caddied for Sam Torrance.

My mate (who posts on here) had the BBC use his sound equipment for scenes in Waterloo Road.

My aunt's friend has a great great Grandfather who was an original partner in the Coca Cola Company.

I once worked with a guy who lived with a bird whose cousin was former Dundee midfielder Albert Craig.

Davie Cooper of Rangers and Motherwell once told me to f**k off.

Stephen Thomson of St. Mirren called me a c**t.

Brilliant. :lol::lol::lol:

I was going to say, my mate in work whose dad's/grans/uncle who lives down the road from Glenn Michael's dog, told me to tell you to F**k off you c**t.

But Davie Cooper & Stephen Thomson beat him to it. :)

Willem Dafoe grunted at me in Dublin once.

Was over with a couple of mates and we saw a film crew down by the river – we asked what they were shooting, and it turned out to be a film starring yer man, who at that moment walked by and acknowledged us.

Archived