Pathetic Claims to Fame

We all have a few pointless claims to fame that are a decent way of striking up a conversation. Here's mine:

1. In 2004 I got in a taxi (private hire MPV thing) that the Black Eyed Peas had just got out of...I was 7 at the time and had no idea who they were.

2. I sat next to Frank McAvennie's son in Int.2 Maths last year, talking about Only an Excuse was off limits.

3. My personal best. In 2009 James McCarthy came to the team that I played for (and now coach) awards night. He asked me for a pen to sign a boys top and I gave him one, he then left without returning it. I've tried Tweeting him but he seems to embarrassed after his thoughtless theft to reply and offer me some kind of compensation.

Over to you P&B!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all have a few pointless claims to fame that are a decent way of striking up a conversation. Here's mine:

1. In 2004 I got in a taxi (private hire MPV thing) that the Black Eyed Peas had just got out of...I was 7 at the time and had no idea who they were.

2. I sat next to Frank McAvennie's son in Int.2 Maths last year, talking about Only an Excuse was off limits.

3. My personal best. In 2009 James McCarthy came to the team that I played for (and now coach) awards night. He asked me for a pen to sign a boys top and I gave him one, he then left without returning it. I've tried Tweeting him but he seems to embarrassed after his thoughtless theft to reply and offer me some kind of compensation.

Over to you P&B!

post-12461-0-04318500-1409253510_thumb.j

Archived