Yes voters: Do you think it will happen?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a woman using my husbands account and have found myself totally addicted to p&b Indy ref forums. They, like the hundreds and hundreds of yes signs that I see give me hope! Aka janiedun

GOOD STUFF!! Im going to take that as genuine and not in the least bit sarcastic. Now, who's for cereal?? :D

Darn it, and I had so many good insults lined up. Oh well

post-1545-0-21039100-1409377084_thumb.jp

:P

Welcome aboard janiedun :D

I can see it finishing 51%/53%...

Seriously I think it will be very close. My hope for Yes is that it is a high turnout. Voter apathy plays into the hands of the nawbags. I have a strange optimism, unfortunately I get a similar feeling on the way to Thistle game sometimes. I just hope enough people can see we are creating a nation rather than destroying a failing union. Historicalky its about time the union crumbled this is a good juncture to do it. Personally I'd feel gutted if we don't take this chance to build a nation with a parliament acting in the best interests of its own people and can focus on its own peoples needs. I guess if people can realise that the No campaign's political backers are on the face of it are strange bed fellows but in reality are central to right wing minded london centric neo-liberals. LibLabConUkip will hopefully make the blindly faithful Scottish labour voters vote free in their own minds from political prejudice.

I guess it being a referendum will attract more folk that don't usually vote and it'll be interesting how the new group of 16 and 17 y/o voters vote.

All the momentum appears with Yes but we need crosses on the ballot-paper.

I am a woman using my husbands account and have found myself totally addicted to p&b Indy ref forums. They, like the hundreds and hundreds of yes signs that I see give me hope! Aka janiedun

Is Paul still talking to the weans about "that man on the telly"?

Welcome aboard, yet another woman to explode the BT myth that ladies are too stupid to bother with the referendum.

Who put forward that myth? I think you will find that all the polls suggest that women are far more likely to be "no" voters....

Not any more sweetcheeks.

As I have said, BTUKOK are banking on women and the electorate being far dafter than they are. People are beginning to wake up and have the blinkers removed.

Tick tock.

There have been some major and frankly unexpected swings to yes on my FB.

Pleasing.

I've seen a few cases of this too. People up to a month ago would never have been backing it. Although, there's also the ones I thought would be Yes now who are still undecided or even No.

Overall, I don't know. I thought for a while it would be something like 42-58. I think Yes will get over that now - at the very least the yes vote will be 45.The last few weeks and seeing these jumps from hard no to yes now is very encouraging, but there's still an awful lot of hard Nos out there - then I look at the likes of RBS, financial service companies etc and can see them all being 90-10 against it, then I think of the Radical Independence and their working class drive, mission million, etc.

It's hardly an indication and means fúck all really, but hearing from people the last few days who've had postal votes for Aunts etc and said the 'Ah, f**k it' factor has been surprisngly high with previous soft no/undecided voters.

I'm hopeful, but really trying not to get optimistic about it as a No vote does look the obvious option, but it's impossible not being optimstic when hearing/seeing changes that I never really thought would happen or signs going up everywhere in support of Yes.

If it is a No, it's going to be a much closer No than would be comfortable. There's no way the matter is going away.

That Survation poll (which was still pre-Lady mind) has me feeling ever-so-slightly optimistic. But at the same time, I've always tried to maintain the mindset that it's going to be a Yes vote: the alternative is simply too horrible.

Archived