Out with the old in with the new...

Nugent4nil

I have, with much assistance, been running the annual Arthurlie v Pollok Legends charity match for the last few years but last seasons turn out proved it was time for a change and Neilston JFC have afforded me that opportunity!

On Sunday 14th September the Brig O'Lea will host the first Leg-Ends mini tournament featuring ex players from Neilston, Arthurlie, Pollok, and a select if gypsies tramps and.... Aye The Vagabonds.

It will be a round robin event all for charity.

The three charities are The Brightest Star, Sands, and McMillian Nurses, if your not sure what they all do google them they are all wonderful organisations, as obviously are many others but...

The game schedule, will be 15 minutes each way with a quick restart and a small gap between games, first game will kick off at 1pm

Pollok v The Vagabonds
Neilston v Arthurlie
Pollok v Neilston
The Vagabonds v Arthurlie
Neilston v The Vagabonds
Arthurlie v Pollok

After presentations and the like we have the use of Crofthead Bowling Club a mere clearance from the Brig O'Lea, access will be available from 1:45 incase of inclement weather, please sign in if you head over.

Once the players arrive there will be a buffet and then a disco / karaoke also please note this is booked as a private function so children ARE allowed for the entire night.

At the game itself the tea hut will be open for the entire day selling hot and cold food and drink as will the wee snug round the back

John Rowbotham will be among the officials and a programme will be available on the day.

Entry to the game, the equivelant of 180 minute match time, is £5 for adults, £3 for OAP's and kids 17-10 under 10's go free as always.

I will, once able to, will post the confirmed squads which I for one am exited about seeing once again but for now some details are,

Neilston will be run by Jim Hannigan and Him Forrest with the likes of Andy Whiteford, Alan Waddell, Davie Noble, Denis Connaghan Jr, Brass Stevenson, Gary Sturrock plus more and some guest players

Arthurlie will be run by Willie Young and Gerry Hughes with the likes of Stuart Allison, Steven's O'Neil and Convery, Ged Gardiner, the Jack brothers Alan and Steven, Jim Creaney, Del McCulloch

Pollok will be run by Rab Sneddon and in their ranks will be Ian Wilson, Kev O'Neil, Derek Heaton, Steve Aitchison, Bryan Dingwall, Joe Carruth, Robert Downs, Bexy Miller plus more and guests

The Vagabonds will be run by Davie Greig and the squad includes David Farrell, John McKeown, Steve's Mallan and Dallas, Stewart Maxwell, Mark Bradley, Paul Courtney, Kevin Deeney, Alex Rae, Brian Johnstone and Fraser Wilson among a few more.

Apologies if I've upset any player confirmed but I will post the full squads once confirmed, anyway.. Please make an effort to come along and bring your family, mates, neighbours, even your dugs!

Leg-Ends? LEGENDS to me!

Pollok are the first squad for this year’s event to be full confirmed, it seems Mr. Sneddon has been a busy man! One withdrawal to note is Robert Downs who rumor has it he dived on the way to the bar when it was his round and unfortunately has damaged his ankle. Anyway Pollok as follows,

Ian Wilson
Derek Heaton
Steve Aitcheson
Mario Pacitti
Kevin O’Neill
Steven Miller
Derek Wingate
Chris Cruickshanks
John McAulay
Frank Haggarty
Darren Brady
Richie newall
John Tinney
Andy McLay
David McGeown
Gavin Freils
John Paisley
Dryan Dingwall
Simon Black
Mark Donnelly (guest)
Ross McDonald (guest)

Just waiting on one or two players to confirm but as far as I am aware these are the squads at present,

Pollok
Managed by Rab Sneddon

Ian Wilson
Derek Heaton
Steve Aitcheson
Mario Pacitti
Kevin O’Neill
Steven Miller
Derek Wingate
Chris Cruickshanks
John McAulay
Frank Haggarty
Darren Brady
Richie newall
John Tinney
Andy McLay
David McGeown
Gavin Friels
John Paisley
Dryan Dingwall
Simon Black
Mark Donnelly (guest)
Ross McDonald (guest)

Arthurlie
Managed by Willie Young and Gerry Hughes

Steven O’Neill
Stuart Allison
Steven Bonar
Ged Gardiner
Derek McCulloch
Robert Brown
Alan McQuade
Lee Martin
Roland Fabiani
Lee Sharp
David Williams
Alan Jack
Kenny Gillies
John Jack
Charlie Hobbs
Jimmy Creaney
David McKenzie
Steven Convery
Stephen Connolly
Alan Muir

Neilston
Managed by Jim Hannigan and Jim Forrest

Brian Hewitt
Andrew Whiteford
Denis Connaghan jr
Brian Stevenson
David Noble
Gary Sturrock
Chris Kerr
Robert Anderson
Alan Waddell
James McGuire
Craig Ritchie
James Lennox
Sean McGinley
Kenny McQuade
Sammy Johnston
Derek Rhodden

The Vagabonds
Managed by Davie Greig

Fraser Wilson
David Gumley
John McKeown
David Farrell
David Blakey
Kevin Deeney
Paul McColl
Andy McFarlane
Jamie McMillian
Steven Bossley
Titan the Monkey
Stewart Maxwell
Mark Bradley
Steve Mallan
Paul Courtney
Brian Johnston
Steve Dallas

More call offs, many more and also some now to confirm, out of chance are there any 35 years plus ex juniors who are free on Sunday and fancy coming along? We dont need too many to be fine but one or two additions would help for when the bodies start to give out through the day.

Anyone interested drop me a DM, cheers

Look into my eyes look into my eyes...... Come to Neilston on Sunday we are now all set to go!

Referees and assistants, check

Weather, check

Programmes, check

Players, check

Hot and cold good available, check

Supporters, ?

It's to be lovely at Neilston on Sunday 19 degrees which in my book is 16 better than the 1980's group! Some of the finest players to grace junior football in recent years are confirmed so if your free come along if you have plans cancel them!

Bring your wife, or husband, your kids, or parents, your mates, if you have them, bring yer dug but bring yersell!

I'd also like to thank the many managers and players past and present who have wished us well for Sunday, if they do come this could be the biggest junior get together in many a year, please join us!

Just waiting on one or two players to confirm but as far as I am aware these are the squads at present,

Pollok

Managed by Rab Sneddon

Ian Wilson

Derek Heaton

Steve Aitcheson

Mario Pacitti

Kevin ONeill

Steven Miller

Derek Wingate

Chris Cruickshanks

John McAulay

Frank Haggarty

Darren Brady

Richie newall

John Tinney

Andy McLay

David McGeown

Gavin Friels

John Paisley

Dryan Dingwall

Simon Black

Mark Donnelly (guest)

Ross McDonald (guest)

Arthurlie

Managed by Willie Young and Gerry Hughes

Steven ONeill

Stuart Allison

Steven Bonar

Ged Gardiner

Derek McCulloch

Robert Brown

Alan McQuade

Lee Martin

Roland Fabiani

Lee Sharp

David Williams

Alan Jack

Kenny Gillies

John Jack

Charlie Hobbs

Jimmy Creaney

David McKenzie

Steven Convery

Stephen Connolly

Alan Muir

Neilston

Managed by Jim Hannigan and Jim Forrest

Brian Hewitt

Andrew Whiteford

Denis Connaghan jr

Brian Stevenson

David Noble

Gary Sturrock

Chris Kerr

Robert Anderson

Alan Waddell

James McGuire

Craig Ritchie

James Lennox

Sean McGinley

Kenny McQuade

Sammy Johnston

Derek Rhodden

The Vagabonds

Managed by Davie Greig

Fraser Wilson

David Gumley

John McKeown

David Farrell

David Blakey

Kevin Deeney

Paul McColl

Andy McFarlane

Jamie McMillian

Steven Bossley

Titan the Monkey

Stewart Maxwell

Mark Bradley

Steve Mallan

Paul Courtney

Brian Johnston

Steve Dallas

was Derek rodden the ex Ladeside player? I woulda came along just to see him !

I think it might be a different one and the guy who is a current beith coach and who used to play up front for arthurlie, Largs and beith .

its no him then,our rodden was a head case who played centre mid,he's probably in barL the noo!

think rodden still playing amatuer football cboats Ano he was playing last season on a Saturday afternoon

Did Del no play with the shire for a wee while after he left Ladeside ?.Him and his mucker Ricky McIntosh were great players just didnae know how good they were themselves,too full of nonsense but great guys.

Did Del no play with the shire for a wee while after he left Ladeside ?.Him and his mucker Ricky McIntosh were great players just didnae know how good they were themselves,too full of nonsense but great guys.

aye ccr he certainly did,always remember the last season he was wae us he was fantastic and only two red cards.that team wiz foo a characters!

Archived