Is it normal to pretend that your mum is dead?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are certain people who want to play the sympathy card and want folk to feel sorry for them and be nice to them as they are lacking in other areas of their lives. When i was completely wayward and needy as an 18 year old and pretty down on my luck i often fantasised on what it would be like if i were the victim of some awful tragedy like losing a parent/sibbling and have all the attention on myself so people could see what an amazing person i really was etc and not make me feel bad about myself. I never had the brass neck to say it actually happened right enough that takes a certain sort of lowly depressive b*****d.

Do the people he has told live in the same town/area as his mother.

Is there a chance they could see her down the shops or on the street.

I know in this age of thousands of facebook "friends" most of them won't know what his mother looks like but i certainly know what my friends mothers look like

Jesus H on a stick! I can't put it any simpler. Go back and read it over and over til it sinks in. This thread isn't the place for educating you in language and context, it's for talking about potentially deid Maws.

The second post I replied to was more than a word, I'm tempted to go back, count them and post a smug Bateman face gif.Whatevs I wasn't looking to start an argument over this.

Whenever I read a magee post this is my reaction

153.gif

Have to feel sorry for him really, he genuinely thinks he's smart

If I knew how to post pictures, the double facepalm would apply to you, 8 mile.

Ps - I don't believe you flicked any shit, at anyone.

I'm not expert on this stuff but I got told how to do this. If you find the picture/gif that you want, you can either cut and paste the search line at the top or 'right click' on the picture and use the 'use url' or something similar. Come down to the reply box and use the wee picture thing (11th icon in on the line starting with B (BOLD). Paste into the line provided and bingo. Have a go

double-facepalm-o.gif

I'm both fascinated and horrified by these people, I think Throbber has probably hit the nail on the head and its a tragic form of looking for sympathy. I don't know how facebook works but I've seen people post links or bits from it so if you can 'save' any the mum 'evidence' to show to your pals then I would. You really don't want this weirdo anywhere near your circle of friends, if they will bullshit over stuff like this then they can't really be trusted basically. If your friends see him for what he is and keep their distance he may actually get the help he needs, either way he's obviously so self absorbed that you shouldn't have anything to do with him. Good luck with it.

Archived