Ayr United Versus Dunfermline Athletic Friday 10th October

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how things have changed since this thread was started. Back then Ayr were playing with a bit of confidence and we were rubbing our hands looking forward to this game. Now I'm dreading it as we have decided to revert back to our disastrous ways of last season. Even a below par (no pun intended) Dunfermline should be too strong for us just now.

Moffatt to score and then rile the Ayr fans by not doing a Lampard-esque non celebration.

Very tough game this. I know Ayr have had a slight dip in results recently but when you have guys like Craig Beattie, Allan Forrest and JP McGovern, you're going to cause team's problems at this level. We might have the best defence in League 1 currently, but we will do well not to concede in this match tbh. The ever impressive Buchanan up against Beattie sounds an interesting dual and could be pivotal to the final outcome. Buchanan is dominant in air, a good tackler, a leader and very vocal. It'd be good if Geggan was fit again to add into the 18 but I'd not start him - I thought the midfield done fine vs Stirling for the most part and deserve to keep their places for this match. I'd maybe be inclined to play Spence over Forbes, in fact, as I felt we regained a lot of our dominance once he came on, on Saturday, as he allowed Falkingham and Byrne to get further forward and help out the attack. Hopefully Ayr's centre back crisis goes on for another week and Moffat and Ugwu can pounce on that but, particularly Moffat, looks low on confidence atm as they've not found the net regularly, but have still given a good return in their short Pars careers so far. A goal or two for them on Friday night will do them the world of good. I'm hopeful we can make it 6 wins out of 7 and keep this good run of form going, but I'm going for a 1-1 draw for this one. Beattie for the hosts, Moffat for ourselves.

COYP! :D:)

Difficult game in prospect. We didn't play that well yesterday and, although we did enough to merit the win, we need to play better here. We need to show more guile to get in behind teams and create chances.

I quite fancy us to win this one. We are not losing goals and always likely to nick one. The Moff to score in a 1-0 win. Friday night Football, WTF, clowns who agreed to this. I'd also start Faissal up front with Moffat, Ugwu has been murder the last few games and could have a big impact coming of the bench

looking forward to this, wee 1 taking in her first Ayr Utd game aswell, hope she can be the lucky charm for the lads to get 3 points.

Nice one!

I'm going for a hard fought - back on track 1-0 home win for the only show in town

Considering taking a half day for this shite.

Two questions,

1. Chances of getting a carry out snuck into the away end?

2. Where are the physical confrontations scheduled to take place?

1, Almost zero

2, Depending on how early i get away from this wedding either the car park at the wallace bar or anywhere you like afterwards

5812424795_4927a40fbf_z.jpg

Archived