Ayr United Versus Dunfermline Athletic Friday 10th October

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine, me and your mum won't mind

Great news! i can now go, sorry you have to find out like this but she's calling it off.

something to do with needing to get on a plane for the honeymoon

Great news! i can now go, sorry you have to find out like this but she's calling it off.

something to do with needing to get on a plane for the honeymoon

I can't pretend I'm not gutted. A fine, fine woman

Jealous Ayrshire zealot Cameron will not be keen to see the return of gambling cheat, money grabbing Moffat and his dastardly employers Dunfermline Athletic.

Getting this one started early to wind up Ayr fans.

I'm happy to fall for the wind up. Cannae wait for this game.

been very impressed, works hard for the team, gets himself in good positions, very composed when he gets chances and very unselfish to set up team mates if they are better placed to score

Dunfermline fans, what have you thought of Moffat so far this season?

been very impressed, works hard for the team, gets himself in good positions, very composed when he gets chances and very unselfish to set up team mates if they are better placed to score

Sounds like the same old Michael Moffat. I'm sure he'll do well at Dunfermline, but his departure from Somerset has ironically helped us become a better balanced side with less reliance on one individual.

Hopefully we'll give Dunfermline a much tougher game than we managed last season.

• 2 weeks later...

We've won 5 out of the past 6, but we've been average in them all, bar the match against Airdrie. Think we need to get a settled formation and ways to get Moffat space in and around the box to get goals. He does so much work but rarely gets a decent chance to get a shot away. Obviously opposition are aware how good he is and defences have been able to crowd him out of getting chances, however we need to get him scoring because his confidence won't be particularly high at the moment.

Interesting to see if Chemin and Stirling being used as wingers can stretch defences to give Moffat that space. Wouldn't expect Sorel to start unless there's injuries though.

Haven't seen Ayr this season but they're right up there with ourselves and will give us a decent game. It's another away game, which we've struggled in so far; expect us to either lose or draw. Wouldn't settle for a draw because we need to put a marker down against teams at the top of the table. Another defeat this week and that's 3 of our main rivals that have beat us already, which is not good enough.

We totally raped Ayr last season, our whipping boys. Think it was only one game they managed a draw the rest we beat them? Hopefully that kind of form rolls over but I'm not confident we'll get a win. Probably end up 2-2 :thumbsdown

Archived