Stenhousemuir -V- Super Ayr United

Guest honestrae95

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win this one, I will be a very happy man. I'd settle for a draw right now

The positivity from Ayr fans at the start of the thread worries me more than anything else.

Once we start thinking we're a decent team is when the wheels start to fall off.

For me every season is a blank slate until we've played everyone. If we're still putting a shift in come November / December then I'll be willing to repent everything I've said about Roberts ability in the past 2 seasons. He's done well this season up to this point and is making the right noises, will be interesting to see how he decides to bulk up the squad with the extra cash available.

Lachlan at the start of the season laid out exactly what the expectations are for Roberts, so that's probably been a boot up the arse for him and some forced motivation to get it right this term. I know we aren't going to win every match this season but if the team is at the right end of the table and playing good football and competing in every match then I'm happy.

*Edit* Also where's the best place to park near the ground?

Booth is talking about bringing in a couple of loans. A full back top of the priority list.

We look quite flimsy at times, and at other times capable of some lovely football. If we can sort out the defensive howlers...

*Edit* Also where's the best place to park near the ground?

You can usually park at the primary school, it's just off the other side of Tryst road from the ground.

If Roberts is thinking about resting Campbell, I guess he'll probably be shifting Donald back to defence and starting McGill again. Would rather see Donald kept at LM, with McGill being used mainly as a sub this season, much the same way as Forrest was last year. Along with another option up front, our other main target surely has to be someone who Roberts trusts to cover in the centre of defence so that we don't have to move around half the team every time.

I thought it was a decent game which we probably should have won. The last game i managed to get to before this was East Stirling so it was pleasing to see, IMO how much better a team we are. Thought we looked a decent side. We were a lot better with McKinlay and Campbell on the park though.

I think we would have romped that if it wasnt for the injuries, the changing about really unsettled us and we never really found our stride again till it was getting too late

Archived