Thorniewood v Port Glasgow - sectional league cup quarter final

Mon The Port

Looking forward to wednesdays game against Thorniewood, higher league opposition will be a tough test for the Port who will rightfully be the underdogs, hope we can nick a result.

Very much looking forward to welcoming the Port back to Robertson Park, it's been a couple of seasons since the last meeting between the clubs, this I think is a first for Thorniewood, to be in the quarter final of this competition and as you can imagine there is a buzz of excitement around the place. I hope it will be an entertaining game for both sets of fans, with both teams giving their all to earn the right to get to the semis, please do not hesitate to say hello, someone will point you in the right direction,

Very much looking forward to welcoming the Port back to Robertson Park, it's been a couple of seasons since the last meeting between the clubs, this I think is a first for Thorniewood, to be in the quarter final of this competition and as you can imagine there is a buzz of excitement around the place. I hope it will be an entertaining game for both sets of fans, with both teams giving their all to earn the right to get to the semis, please do not hesitate to say hello, someone will point you in the right direction,

Will do mate, just noticed kick off is 18:30 so will probably only make the second half, hopefully be a good cup tie.

Know what guys what a brilliant thread so far. Our friends in Ayrshire moan constantly about their version of this cup, we get on with it , enjoy it and still get a buzz from it. Well in guys.

Know what guys what a brilliant thread so far. Our friends in Ayrshire moan constantly about their version of this cup, we get on with it , enjoy it and still get a buzz from it. Well in guys.

I'm with you on that mate, a cup is a cup and for small clubs like the Port who don't win trophies every other season its a rare chance to get to a final, I hope the manager thinks the same and I'm sure there are a lot more smaller clubs who do.

Great draw for both teams and with Bruno at the Port looking like he has put a decent squad together for this season he'll be looking forward to seeing how they fair against higher opposition. I'm sure both will fancy there chances of a semi final place which will make it a good game to watch for the fans.

, this I think is a first for Thorniewood, to be in the quarter final of this competition and as you can imagine there is a buzz of excitement around the place.

Sat 4th September 1999, Sectional League Cup Quarter Final

Thorniewood Utd 1 (Kelly) Petershill 1 (Gibson pen), Petershill won 4-3 on penalties.

Not making this game now, anyone doing score updates?

Thorniewood 1 Port Glasgow 3 Mon The Port you can be very proud of your boys tonight, well deserved, and all the best in the semis make sure you make that one mate

Archived