• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question.

Has Roberts actually turned things around or is this just a fluke? I work with a few Ayr supporting colleagues who despise Roberts but seem a lot more positive this season.

He stumbled through his first year making some woeful signings and should have been sacked

His second year we won the first couple of games then drew a few until we played Rangers and Dunfermline, after that we were very inconsistent and it became apparent that Roberts had signed better players but was still clueless on how to change things if it wasn't working on the park.

Many thought his time would be up due to the uninspiring and unprofessional approach to management last season. Half the team left and a few hinted it was because of Roberts they were leaving.

This year he's managed to bring in two very experienced players in Murphy and McGovern that are a level above anything I've seen for a few years at Ayr, I heard someone compare Murphy to Malcolm Shotton on Saturday and they are probably right. He would stand out at the top end of the first division, along with Devlin, its no wonder we haven't conceded a goal from open play yet.

Against Forfar on Saturday we spent long periods of time chasing the ball with Forfar passing it round us, this has been the main problem under Roberts, you can have all the ball playing midfielders you want, but if you don't have the ball..........

50k_20120707-162624.jpg

not long until this happens. Unless Forfar don't finish top, good luck Ayr, yer actually not a bad bunch on here.

Hands across the divide - still don't speak or understand 'Fife' though

Best classified results quote "Forfar 4..."

Archived